This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ag Census

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Larry Miller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ag Census
    Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 8:41pm
Got mine this week. All done on line and "REQUIRED BY LAW" to respond. I rent out 15 acres to a farmer who does over 1,000 acres. Have no livestock so I don't think my operation will change federal policy. Because it is required by law, I may not respond just to see what happens.  Any one know what happens if you break federal law? My guess is 6 more mailings to do the survey. Every one do theirs or think I should just do it because I am told too?
I used to be young and stupid, now I am not young anymore.
Sponsored Links

Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 10:07pm
I always fill out the survey.  If I don't, my sister hounds me until I do.  Rather face the wrath of the feds than listen to my sister.  LOL
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 11:56pm
After several mailings with no reply they call you....you get the short version then....
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Dec 2022 at 3:13am
I ignored them things one year....they sent a dude to my door. and like Steve said...I got the short version. whew! 
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 4:37pm
I got mine also, AGAIN!!!  Out of the three of us siblings, for some reason I am the only one that gets one and I live the furthest away.
Maximum use of available resources!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 4:40pm
Mine has been done two weeks.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 7:46pm
I filled mine out the other day, AGAIN  -they had way more acres in their balance as I own, it got re- adjusted- and another thing those sites never work like there supposed too, SAD AS ITS OUR MONEY ,, 
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2022 at 10:27pm
Filled one out 15 or 20 yrs ago. Haven’t since.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 6:24am
After I retired, I worked for the federal government for a couple years doing ag surveys. 

The way it worked was that they mailed the surveys to random people. If people didn't respond, we were sent out to do an in-person survey.  (I never heard of anyone being arrested for refusing to participate and we did have refusals.)

The way I pitched it is the government has to have information for farm programs. By far, the best information comes from the people that are the actual owner/operators. Participating helped get accurate information. Non-participation means the government makes assumptions. Most people participated, some reluctantly.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 6:34am
up here the Fed 'people' census KNOWS exactly which form got sent to which house so ALL information you fill into them blanks is KNOWN to LOTS of people,and most are NOT on the guv payroll...
They do KNOW if you trade yours with a neighbour.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 7:04am
Burn the damn things and dont answer the phone! lol! Actually its none of their business, BUT never tell them the actual #'s they want to know! Make it about half of your actual figures IF they actually run you down. They called me once and I refused to give out details over the phone and the lady they sent out didnt have any govt. ID so I sent her packin too. I told her that a harassment  lawsuit would be filed and she and the usda would be in court so f- off !  That lasted for 5 years.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 7:11am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

After I retired, I worked for the federal government for a couple years doing ag surveys. 

The way it worked was that they mailed the surveys to random people. If people didn't respond, we were sent out to do an in-person survey.  (I never heard of anyone being arrested for refusing to participate and we did have refusals.)

The way I pitched it is the government has to have information for farm programs. By far, the best information comes from the people that are the actual owner/operators. Participating helped get accurate information. Non-participation means the government makes assumptions. Most people participated, some reluctantly.

Yeah. See AC Fleet below!
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2022 at 7:24am
It seemed to me, that the people that wouldn't participate, were the ones that complained the loudest about government ag programs.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 6:45pm
I dont do govt chit so it dont affect me any! lol!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 7:39pm
I got lucky - they sent one to the farm address and one to my home address. Maybe I will send in one of them. 
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic