This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Job site prank gone bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Job site prank gone bad
    Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 5:48am
The bosses son recently sold a 16’ inclosed trailer to one of the guys on my crew.
His name is Big Rusty. He’s 6’7” and probably 350 lbs. mid 50’s
We’re building a resort for a lady we do a lot of work for. They have a trailer very similar to what Big Rusty bought.
Yesterday I told one of her maintenance workers to mention that she sold me that trailer.
He told Rusty that he was upset she sold me that trailer because he wanted it.
Here comes Big Rusty. He asks if I bought that trailer. I said yes but how did he know. He says he just overheard.
He then goes on about how much better the one he bought is.
Then he says I only had to give $6000 for it. He asked me how much I gave?
I told him she let me have it for $300.00
He threw his hands up and proceeded to throw a fit like a little kid. He actually started crying.
I’ve never seen anything like it.
I told him it was a joke but he was useless the rest of the day.
I’m sure I’m gonna get a good chewin soon.
Sponsored Links

jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:35am
I LOVE it, sounds like BR is a 'Big Baby'.

Wifey 'wants'(aka demands...) me to get rid of everything 'no longer needed', so I've been slowly either giving stuff away to DESERVING neighbours or selling to strangers. ALWAYS asks 'how much did you get for it'. I mumble a low price,usually with 'well at least it's gone'.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:41am
                 JAY, YOU DEVIL YOU,,!! spoken with a slight Flip Wilson accent,,,,,,LOLLOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:04am
He started crying?  Good grief!LOL

I got called into HR the other day.  She said, "Did you call an employee stupid?"  I said no, I asked him if he was stupid!  LOL (j/k)
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 7:32am
I sold a group of Heifers to a man. I saw him later and he told me he resold those Heifers for more than my asking price. I said good,we both made money! People have no backbone or self responsibility!
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 3:38pm
Today one of the young’ens at work showed up with a new to him truck.
I crawled under it and poured oil on the ground and a trail out under the drivers door.
He crawled all over under that truck trying to find where it came from.
He was white as a ghost for a bit
den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 5:12pm
Had a painter who had bought a MG midget.  It was in the shop most of the first 6 months of its lift.  He was so happy to get out on the road that he drove it to the job.  We picked the rear and put it on concrete blocks which had the tires almost on the ground.  Needless to say, there was a mad painter for a little while until he found out it was not the car.

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 5:36pm
Better watch out, Thad, that workplace stuff can come back and bite you...

A while back, a neighbor who was an elevator inspector for the state related this story to me.  Seems a certain electrician on a jobsite was prankin a mason, who was workin several floors above, by going up at lunch, and he would open a trench in the mortar trough, take a dump, then cover it back up... Now the mortar forker comes back after lunch, whips up the mortar for the afternoon's work, and the results were cussin, etc.  

He knew who did it, so a week or so later the mortar forker takes a dump, rolls it into a lunch bag with a stick, and sets his plan in motion...  Electrician was workin in the elevator pit, across the pit from him is a conduit that has nothing in it, ends about 10 feet above his head.  Now electrician is bent over, lookin in the opposite direction, so the MF ties a rope to the bag, drops it through the conduit, till its just over the electrician, works that rope to get it a swinging, and just as someone yells HEADS UP, sparky looks up, MF yanks the rope up, tearing the bag, perfectly distributing the contents over sparky...Wink

Watch out fer paybacks...LOL
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 6:58pm
Big Rusty would not have lasted long where I worked. Sounds like he has an ego problem.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Hubert (Ga)engine7 Hubert (Ga)engine7 wrote:

Big Rusty would not have lasted long where I worked. Sounds like he has an ego problem.

Very much a spoiled child. Has a very hard time wherever he goes.
He won’t be on my crew long.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 9:52pm
I worked with a Maint Crew for 30 years.... First sign of weakness and there were 20 guys all over you looking for blood from the bleeding carcass.  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2022 at 10:22pm
Originally posted by den/southern illinoi den/southern illinoi wrote:

Had a painter who had bought a MG midget.  It was in the shop most of the first 6 months of its lift.  He was so happy to get out on the road that he drove it to the job.  We picked the rear and put it on concrete blocks which had the tires almost on the ground.  Needless to say, there was a mad painter for a little while until he found out it was not the car.

We did that in highschool to a (young) female teacher and her Carma Gia.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:08am
When I was in School the Librarian drove a VW Beetle.4 of us big Farm Boys picked it up and moved it behind some shrubs. Didn't get in any trouble as we were bigger than the Principal!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:25am
When I still worked in the city I would stop for gas at a store about half way home. One day I got gas and came back out to leave. My truck was gone. Soon panic set in and I was gonna call the cops. I was heading towards the pay phone when I happen to notice my neighbor laughing his butt off.
He had pulled my truck behind the store while I was in paying.
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:49am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

Wifey 'wants'(aka demands...) me to get rid of everything 'no longer needed', so I've been slowly either giving stuff away to DESERVING neighbours or selling to strangers. ALWAYS asks 'how much did you get for it'. I mumble a low price,usually with 'well at least it's gone'.

Just remember Jay, YOU picked her LOLBig smile  NMP
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:52am
I have sooooooo many pay backs coming to me...
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:24am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

When I still worked in the city I would stop for gas at a store about half way home. One day I got gas and came back out to leave. My truck was gone. Soon panic set in and I was gonna call the cops. I was heading towards the pay phone when I happen to notice my neighbor laughing his butt off.
He had pulled my truck behind the store while I was in paying.
Back in the 70's, you know when you could get away with a little fun, one of the local cop/farmers just like dad was would stop in the party store in town to buy some smokes.  He was known to, uh, maybe stand and talk for a while, and left his cop car running while doing so.  The daughter of the store owner moved his car to around behind the building.  Turned white as a sheet when he stepped out of the store and his car was gone!  Cigarette hanging out of his mouth just wagging wildly with some VERY colorful vocabulary.  Many witnesses laughed their butt off at that one!
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:26am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Originally posted by den/southern illinoi den/southern illinoi wrote:

We did that in highschool to a (young) female teacher and her Carma Gia.
Freshman year in HS, our football coach had a VW Bug.  When he'd go in to the locker room, guys would set it lengthways between 2 trees it barely fit between so it wouldn't go anywhere!  He'd leave, See ya' guys tomorrow......moments later back in, OK guys!!!
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 10:23am
About 25 years ago or so we had a new "mechanic" that just started a week or two prior. I had my bays with work bench and he was walking around seeing what's going on. There was a quart mason jar I had half full of gasoline sitting there to see what the water content was once it settled out. New guy asked "what's that". I told him it was our yearly urine sample and was surprised they hadn't asked for his yet. Insurance reasons. Well no they haven't. I told him they will soon enough.

Sooo. I told one of the guys in the front office to get his name and SS# and print it out so you can tape it to a small plastic bottle I had. Used to have grease in it to use when you replaced CV joint boots. He took it back and gave it to him and told him "whenever you are ready, just give it to the secretary when you are done. No piss on the outside of the bottle". He hem hawed around for the longest time and finally did it and gave it to the secretary and she lost her chit when he told her it was piss for the drug test. They somehow knew I was involved. 
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:44am
Originally posted by fixer1958 fixer1958 wrote:

About 25 years ago or so we had a new "mechanic" that just started a week or two prior. I had my bays with work bench and he was walking around seeing what's going on. There was a quart mason jar I had half full of gasoline sitting there to see what the water content was once it settled out. New guy asked "what's that". I told him it was our yearly urine sample and was surprised they hadn't asked for his yet. Insurance reasons. Well no they haven't. I told him they will soon enough.

Sooo. I told one of the guys in the front office to get his name and SS# and print it out so you can tape it to a small plastic bottle I had. Used to have grease in it to use when you replaced CV joint boots. He took it back and gave it to him and told him "whenever you are ready, just give it to the secretary when you are done. No piss on the outside of the bottle". He hem hawed around for the longest time and finally did it and gave it to the secretary and she lost her chit when he told her it was piss for the drug test. They somehow knew I was involved. 

This just made my day.£££
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 11:47am
One time a few years back our boss hired a kid with earrings the size of Copenhagen cans.
He didn’t know a hammer from a scoop shovel.
I told him to go get us a box of toe nails.
He asked where they are? I told him ask the boss cause he got us some yesterday.
The boss wasn’t pleased.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 12:50pm
Not a prank, but that reminds me... I had an Operator removing parts from a flat bed with a crane.  He had a kid doing the rigging.. Two parts were bolted together.. Told the kid to go get a ratchet and 5/8 inch socket..... Kid looked at me and said "whats a ratchet "?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 1:17pm
I was 15, driving a bundle wagon tractor for the last thrashing outfit in the county.  One of the two brothers that owned the outfit would usually be pretty well plastered by the end of the day,  He had an old 1946 Ford pickup, (this was in 1963) that he would drive out to the field and keep his bottles in.  He and his brother went to get something and while they were gone, the crew picked up the back of the pickup and put a couple blocks under the back axle so the tires were just barely off the ground.  Later in the day, he got back in the truck, in his usual inebriated condition and attempted to drive away.  We were getting the thrashing rig ready to move to the next location and tried to act normal as he would try to drive, then get out and look at the wheels then open the hood then get under the truck, (not with it running) to figure out what was wrong.  We had already started moving the equipment by the time he gave up and he had to walk the half mile back to the farmstead to get his brother to help him.  In the meantime, a couple guys pushed the truck off the blocks.  I don't think he ever figured out what happened...
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 6:07pm
Whenever we got a new receptionist or a new line boy, we would have them call the other FBO and ask for a 50-yard roll of FLIGHT LINE or a 5-gallon bucket of PROP WASH.
One day, we got the bosses daughter to call.  That was a real hoot.

Another prank was when I was flying charters and would get in late in the evening.  The receptionist would be cleaning, I would sneak in and hide under the desk.  5 minutes after the receptionist would sit down, I would grab their ankle.  Talk about blood curdling screams and hitting the ceiling.  

I watched one of the air freight pilots place some frozen dog crap under the seat of an Aero Commander.  The next pilot got a rude surprise, when the crap thawed out.  
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2022 at 7:28pm
I used to work for a plumbing outfit with 3 crews .One of the crews would keep the service van running at the wholesale house when they were picking up supplies. I caught them one day as I was leaving and they were going in . Hot summer day and they left the van running with the air conditioning running full blast. I got in and kicked the heat on full blast . Later they claimed the van was so hot they thought the dash would melt. I caught the same crew in the winter leaving the van run at a job with the heat on . You guessed it , I kicked on the air .
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2022 at 8:12pm
Used to work in a Distribution center with mikes if geeen conveyors. The new guys would always get to spend their first day trying to get us a bucket of “green grease”. They’d go from one person to the next and would always get sent in to the next.
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2022 at 10:06am
When in high school I worked as a mail handler for the post office. Mail arrived in big canvas sacks.  Any newbie would spend most of his first shift getting sent all over the four story building to find the "bag stretcher".  Everyone he asked would send him off to the next floor as it was "used there last"!!  Good fun!
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2022 at 9:54pm
Used to work in a car dealership.  There was a fast food restaurant at the east end of our lot about 200 yards or so from the showroom.  New porter would come in looking for keys for something we used to send him over to the restaurant telling them they had the keys and the door to basement was in the back of their store.  Restaurant manager wasn't to happy with us.  Also worked as a chef for a small restaurant chain didn't like the front mangers so when they would send a new waitress back to the storeroom, I would give them the keys and tell them to go to the back of the restaurant outside and the door to the basement was at the back open the door and bang it a couple of times after you turned the lights on to scare the rats and snakes and raccoons before you went down the steps.  One floor restaurant and they would walk completely around the building looking for the door scared to death because they didn't know what they were going to encounter when they got down there.  Managers got so pii$$ed and we would just stand there about to pee our pants laughing
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic