This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

winter sets annual covered bridge festival

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: winter sets annual covered bridge festival
    Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:15pm
Starts thus Saturday morning at 9:00 AM. I'll be set up in the Southwest corner of the square. Anybody off here stops by, the coffee is on me. That is till I run outta green stuff.   Usually a very good antique car show too. The John Wayne museum will be open too, its just 1 block south of the square.
Sponsored Links

EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 7:43pm
I love Winterset.  I took my Mother there in 2014 during our annual Memorial Day Weekend trip.  I lost Mom in 2020.  We really enjoyed the covered bridges and the John Wayne Birthday party.  The Iowa theatre and  the old Ben Franklin were two of Mom's favorites.  Although the 6 covered bridges and stool where Clint East wood sat in that restaurant were mine.  The bridges of Madison County is a must see movie for everyone!   I hope to get back there again some day.  If there was ever a way to experience "time travel", spending 4 days and 3 night in Winterset is as about as close as a person can get to it.  The hospitality was amazing and your kind offer  certainly captures the spirit of the community.   Take care!
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2022 at 10:27pm
Tom...did they ever replace the covered bridge that them deadbeats burned?
200Tom1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 12:04am
Not the first one that Steve burnt in the 1980's but they did repair the 2nd one that some low lifes burnt later. Steve told me his gal pal told him to go take a flying leap. He had Carved their initials in part of the bridge. He was trying to get rid of the initials. Went a little too far. He spent time in prison for that one. They now have fire detecting sensors and cameras on all of them.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2022 at 7:33am
Who the heck is Steve, and how do you know him?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic