This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

WOW$$$$$

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: WOW$$$$$
    Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 1:01pm
I priced some 2” PVC and 4” sewer drain pipe today.
I knew things were expensive but had no idea it was that high.
Sponsored Links

TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 2:48pm
Everything is way high, I bought two of the small Snickers bars yesterday, $3.96 for them, it's crazy
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 4:29pm
"Let's go Brandon!!!"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 5:00pm
10' length of 3" ABS is $50+ today.....

electrical conduit (EMT) , went up 10% from last week !
wife had me toss out over 20K of steel  cause she saw no need for it...

Edited by jaybmiller - 18 Sep 2022 at 5:01pm
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 5:51pm
thad... dont know what you paid, but i bought 2 inch Open Cell PVC for $18.00 a couple weeks ago... Closed sell was $20.   I dont know the difference ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:22pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

thad... dont know what you paid, but i bought 2 inch Open Cell PVC for $18.00 a couple weeks ago... Closed sell was $20.   I dont know the difference ??

I didn’t but it Steve but it was $20.00 for 2” schedule 40 10’
And $25.00 for 4” sewer drain with holes. The thin stuff.
Homedepot.
I’m gonna shop local tomorrow and see what their prices say.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:27pm
I was at Menards........... same price you saw.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 6:31pm
I had a job couple years ago building Duck BLinds for the son.. Needed several sheets of 1/2 inch CDX plywood for each blind..... 2 years ago i bought it for $18. a sheet.. 3 months later it was $38. a sheet !!... 3-4 months after that it was $75.00 a sheet.. I SAID PASS ON THAT !!... waited about 4 months and it dropped to $40. a sheet so i bought enough for the last blind..

Since then it dropped to $25. for a couple months... now holding steady at $40. ... over 100% INCREASE in 2 years.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

I had a job couple years ago building Duck BLinds for the son.. Needed several sheets of 1/2 inch CDX plywood for each blind..... 2 years ago i bought it for $18. a sheet.. 3 months later it was $38. a sheet !!... 3-4 months after that it was $75.00 a sheet.. I SAID PASS ON THAT !!... waited about 4 months and it dropped to $40. a sheet so i bought enough for the last blind..

Since then it dropped to $25. for a couple months... now holding steady at $40. ... over 100% INCREASE in 2 years.

I don’t know if products like PVC will fluctuate like plywood. I figure once it’s up it will stay up?
I don’t buy enough to know.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2022 at 9:52pm
Things seem to have got the INCREASE 20 - 50 - 100% .........thats done... Seem to be STABLE right now...... I agree, dont see prices DROPPING for some time .. if ever.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2022 at 4:26am
What bothers me is wife was speaking to friends of ours, they are downsizing, selling farm and equipment, selling BIG home and eliminating excess cars, bought into a bar and a strip mall some time back all those are going. That stated they are going to build a two bedroom small home rather than try to buy existing and set it up as needed for health concerns. Will cost nearly the same as their four bedroom with pool and second garage did to build.
I did some checking where materials costs to build half to one third of what we have is same as what we have, to buy old and rehab will cost nearly the same as that. Damned if do damned if don’t.

Edited by DMiller - 19 Sep 2022 at 8:58am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic