This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Brass Sign

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dale (Stonelick) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Brass Sign
    Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:36pm
My UPS driver gave me this Allis Chalmers Brass Sign today.  She's admired the CA that I've been refurbing over the last few years, and told me that her deceased father worked at the Allis Chalmers Bullock Electric Equip manufacturing plant in Norwood Ohio.  She's had this sign since he passed, and said that he would've liked me to have it.

The triangle shaped sign is solid brass and weighs 40 pounds.  It's 23.5" high and 20.25" long on the base. The back plate is 1/8th inch thick and has half inch raised AC polished brass logo.  It has several tapped bolt holes on the back.  I'm guessing that the sign was mounted on the Norwood Ohio Manufacturing Plant before they ceased operations.

I'll try to find someplace worthy to display it.

1951 CA - 1944 C - 1949 B - Kubota M6800
Sponsored Links

IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:37pm
That's cool!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 2:50pm
 Really nice to have

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 3:07pm
Very Nice piece of History.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 4:10pm
UPS Driver ?? WOW.......... you owe her BIG TIME !!  Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
JoeM(GA) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoeM(GA) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 5:14pm
WOW! Now that was very nice of her!
Allis Express North Georgia
41 WC,48 UC Cane,7-G's,
Ford 345C TLB
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 7:29pm
Very nice ! Would it have a price on it ? Id be very interested
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 9:24pm
i would bet the ups driver would like to continue seeing it dispayed when she whent by or delivered to you
Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2022 at 10:31pm
That’s cool. Thanks for sharing 
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2022 at 12:20pm
WOW in deed , what all the others said.

But if that is 40 pounds of brass you need to put so it's hard for the average pot head to get to it. But agree with it needs to be out and seen.

With your first description I figured it to be from a earlier time. 
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2022 at 1:32pm
Nice addition to your collection, and the price was right!  Keep it safe.  If you put it on a building or something, most people would just figure it's plastic or painted steel, but you can't be to careful.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic