This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blonde in a brown Ford suv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 200Tom1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blonde in a brown Ford suv
    Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 6:17pm
Guys I was headed south on I35 yesterday about 2:00 in the afternoon, cruise set on 65 mph. This little blond passed me in her brown ferd. She was gabbing on her cell phone. I thought someone was playing a joke on her. As she got around me. I thought she had a rope trailing off the left side of her SUV. But it wasn't no rope. It was the hose off a gas pump, the quick disconnect/emergency breakaway was still attached to the end of the hose, nozzle was still in her gas tank filler hole. I pulled up beside her. honked the horn a few times, finally got her attention. I pointed to the rear of her suv, must have scared her, she sped up. I didn't pursue her, just put another Highway Men CD in the player and let her go. If someone in the Des Moines area is missing a hose and nozzle off their gas pump, last I saw it. It was headed for Kansas City.
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 6:30pm
That happens more than most realize. Before I retired I was heading out towards Pittsburg one night and a FedEx truck passed me dragging a fuel filler hose. What made me notice it was the sparks coming off the end of the hose where it was wearing against the road. The sad part is most FedEx trucks fuel at the terminals, so the driver missed it, the island jockey missed it and the gate missed it. No wonder nearly anytime I see a big crash on the Highway, a FedEx is involved somehow. 

Edited by PaulB - 17 Aug 2022 at 6:30pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Aug 2022 at 7:42pm
 I pulled up beside her. honked the horn a few times, finally got her attention. I pointed to the rear of her suv, must have scared her, she sped up.

Tom....... she probably thought you were looking for a date !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 3:27am
Station north of here has ongoing issue with that. Pre-pays come in get $10 or $20 worth pay on counter and sit in car until pump shuts off then drive away. Cameras in stations get license numbers and they send bills with the legal notice will take to court if not paid. About half pay the other half get summons to court by state for drive away fueling damage. Equates to leaving seen of accident.

Edited by DMiller - 18 Aug 2022 at 3:28am
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 6:58am
One in Rosebud - now has a sign $75 bucks if this happens ! Good thing for the break away !
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Aug 2022 at 10:23pm
This is funny.  For some reason I'm chuckling at "the nozzle was still in her gas tank filler hole"!LOL
I'm outta here......
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic