This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

IF it Looks like a Duck,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: IF it Looks like a Duck,,,,,
    Posted: 31 May 2022 at 9:00pm

IT Prolly IS A Friggin Duck,,,,!!
  Last spring, my Son bought my Grandson 3 chickies and two Ducks,,,and,,,,and,,I KNEW then that soon as late,,I was gonna wind up with the care of them dang things,,,,,,WELL,,It seems that I DO have some Cykick (sp) powers as I now have to tend to them!! Some time last year, I had to take the male duck for a ride to the neighbor's reservoir as he kept trying to mount the little chickies,,,,kinda like me trying to go visit the neighbor lady,,,,,,Mmmmm,,,,Never Mind!!!Wink
 Anyway,,got that issue resolved and the female Duck and the 3 chickies are all happy as can be and the female duck lays bout 1 egg per day,,and I been saving and taking them to this other lady down the road cause she thinks they are Extra, Extra large chickie eggs,,,and,,,and,,,I ain't gonna tell her any different!! She thinks the world of me too,,!!Wink

CHIT ,,got way off my subject,,any way the female duck always gets some dirt in beak and puts it into the water feeder and muddies it all up, so I have to dump and refill every other day!!  Any way to stop that chit instead of taking her for a ride too,,,,?  I do have an ulterior motive for keeping her here till I UMMM never mind,,,,,LOL
Sponsored Links

Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2022 at 11:29pm
That's why I don't have ducks anymore.  They made good roasted duck Very dirty birds.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 5:19am
I think duck eggs are yummy.

Joe, I can't believe that you did not approve of the duck trying to get a little on the side.  He might have been picking up something from the guy he resided with.  Wink  And maybe we could have come up with a duken or something similar.  LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 6:25am
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

Joe, I can't believe that you did not approve of the duck trying to get a little on the side.  He might have been picking up something from the guy he resided with.  Wink  And maybe we could have come up with a duken or something similar.  LOL
And, imagine the look of shock and horror on that duck's face when the turkey sneaks up behind him!LOL
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 6:32am
you guys quack me up..... ( and so it begins....)
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 7:17am
The best ducking humor on the WEBBED...
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 8:03am
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

And, imagine the look of shock and horror on that duck's face when the turkey sneaks up behind him!LOL

And,,,,and,,,would I of got some chickie lookin ducks,,,or some duckie looking chickies,,,,? I guess I had no idea the different animals would attempt to breed,,,weird , huh,,,?LOL

BUT how do I stop that dang duck from muddying their water all up,,,??

Edited by desertjoe - 01 Jun 2022 at 8:04am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 10:40am
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

And,,,,and,,,would I of got some chickie lookin ducks,,,or some duckie looking chickies,,,,? I guess I had no idea the different animals would attempt to breed,,,weird , huh,,,?LOL

BUT how do I stop that dang duck from muddying their water all up,,,??
What, never had a dog hump your leg?  LOL

As for the duck muddying up the water, um.....shoot it?  

Seriously though, would one of those waterer things work, where they have to peck the little tube with the ball in it, instead of a dish of water?
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 1:10pm
  so had better hope he don't run into someone that thinks like he does and catch him talking sexxy to a women. It could be a trunk ride.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 5:36pm
You shoulda traded the duck...  I won't go through the whole joke but the punch line goes like this here:

Dad asks him how his day went, kid replies "Not bad, I got a f*ck for a duck, a duck for a f*ck, and fifty bucks for a f*cked up duck."Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 6:36pm

Well,,the only'ist reason I don't get rid of the FEMALE duck is that the lady friend down the road just LOVES them duck eggs,,,ya know just trying to be neighborly,,,,,,Wink

What I got, TBone is one of them waterers from TSC, holds bout 2 gallons and has a float that opens when you push the outside part down,,,if it wasn't for her muddying the water up I would not have to change water but every 3 days,,,,
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 8:16pm
Yeas back I raised 35 Roan ducks (oversize mallards) and had no ticks or grasshoppers around the place - they would line up and sweep the yard like a Army on patrol - spread out in a straight line and and slowly march across the yard , horse pasture , and orchard . 
 had 10 geese and they were a real pain along with droppings almost like a small dog . 
Kept the part of duck flock for 3 years until owls and fox decided they were a good lunch .
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2022 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by desertjoe desertjoe wrote:

Well,,the only'ist reason I don't get rid of the FEMALE duck is that the lady friend down the road just LOVES them duck eggs,,,ya know just trying to be neighborly,,,,,,Wink

What I got, TBone is one of them waterers from TSC, holds bout 2 gallons and has a float that opens when you push the outside part down,,,if it wasn't for her muddying the water up I would not have to change water but every 3 days,,,,

Joe, I think I know a guy that maybe can help you out.  He drives a hard bargain and usually is really tuff to negotiate terms with but he has some of these waters.  They have a wing nut on back and you just drill a hole in a bucket then put them in and tighten the nut up, then just fill the bucket or you can thread holes in a pvc pipe and screw them in and just hook up a water supply to the line and never haul water.  You can see in the picture that little bowl snaps on and off to dump if it's full of chit.

He has 10 of them and one is missing the wing nut, other than that they have some dust on them from being in a shed and are brand new never used.  Now that you know the condition of the units you will probably understand why he is demanding such a high price but I will let you have them for the high but still reasonable price of FREE and if your willing to pay that I would go ahead and probably include FREE SHIPPING.Wink  I know that's a lot for anyone man to pay but that's my best price right now, especially with all the shortages and inflation driving prices up.LOL

If you want them though, I'll probably have to have a address to ship them to, if I had your address they would probably already be in the mail!Wink

Let me get a picture up for ya,  I bought them for my hired drunk, because he would go home wasted then try to fill waters and trip and fall and hurt himself and not be able to drive around the next day and check cattle, you know it's hard getting out to open gates and all.  He sold the chickens because it was too expense to feed them with all the grain I gave him for FREE.LOL

ANyways they've never been used, you say where and I'll send then if you think they'll work and can live with my terms.Wink

Ok I know you’re having second thoughts because my price seems out of line but let me show you a close up picture of the inner workings of this piece of engineering marvel to persuade you that it worth it.

No all BS aside if you want them they’re yours just get me a address. Actually that part about how I got them is true though.

Edited by Kansas99 - 01 Jun 2022 at 10:07pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 1:34am
Joe....would you wanna dranks 3 day old water that them chickies washed their feet in?
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 7:07am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:19am

Yeah, TBone,,,but "they" is gonna want some money,,,,Wink. I believe I'm going with ole Kansas's Great offerin deal!!  He,,,,he,,,is a great person,,ain't he,,??Clap

Hey Shameless,,,WHERE YOU BEEN, GOOD BUDDY? Say,,,I was gonna offer ole Kansas some of my specially aged Black Label for a couple of his water buckets,,,but I'm thinkin when you took off in a cloud of dust,,,you was carryin off my last stash of that special Black Label I been savin for special friends,,,,I mean,,I LIKE you,,but you didn;t have to carry off ALL of it,,,!!!LOL
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 9:32am

Hey TBone,,that also looks like it would work also. I think I'll order "one",,, cause knowing ole Shameless he liable to like that pretty blue colors next trip.....LOL
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:01am
Yessir my friend, that money stuff is hard to come by enough of these days, don't blame ya' one bit.  
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2022 at 10:33am
Have a friend that uses those that Tbone showed for his homing pigeons and quail that were in cages with a bottle, same as rabbit and they worked too.  He did use a chicken water for his big open coup where he had 10-15 pigeons and his falcon and hawks used chicken waters, so maybe the bigger birds would waste too much or empty bottle too fast?  I don't know?

When he hunted it was unusual to see a guy walking with a hawk and beagle that were buddies.LOL  His Falcon always wanted a piece of the beagle when you took it's blinders off and the beagle was scared chitless of the falcon.LOL

Edited by Kansas99 - 02 Jun 2022 at 10:34am
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2022 at 1:30pm
Joe...gits you a about a 3 gallon bucket, run a couple wires thru (across) the top, fill with water, them ducks will drink out of it just fine, the wire keeps them from swimming in the bucket, will keep the water clean longer, just remember to keep it full! oh...the local farm store has bunches of ducks for sale, they haven't been able to sell them. i bought them all for about a penny on the dollar, and since i know your address...well just look for a package coming your way! no need to thank me (cuss me)! this is what friends is for!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic