This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Almost time to say goodbye

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Almost time to say goodbye
    Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:43am
Hi folks,
My time with the A/C D15 Industrial is coming to a close. I bought it non-running at a local auction to help me move dirt in my backyard. Well that work is almost done, the D15 has been up to the task. Anyway, it’s almost time to let er go. I figure I can get $2500 for it right now, or I can do a nice pretty resto. The problem with the resto, is that it’s going to cost about $2K. Even on that machine’s best day, I wouldn’t get $5K for it. So I’m thinking a resto wouldn’t make sense. Curious to hear your thoughts on the matter81160E02-5551-4FCB-B6EA-BC345C32998B.jpeg3CE8CEC2-0E14-410D-8B6C-9F437487C730.jpeg
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 7:57am
Better to stick with your gut and leave it as is.  You will have more money into it than you can get out of it no doubt, especially being an industrial machine your more likely to find someone in need of it rather than looking for a show piece.   And the next buyer can see exactly what he is getting into rather than second guessing what is under the paint.  If you wanted to spruce it up to keep,  well that is a different story.

Edited by CAL(KS) - 17 May 2022 at 7:58am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 8:58am
are there no other "tasks" that the tractor could perform in the next several years ?  Chances are the price will  stay constant for quite a while , so your not loosing money... I would consider other uses prior to selling.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Steve in NJ View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve in NJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 9:36am
Looks like a pretty handy dandy Tractor to me. Should be other tasks to use it for. Heck, I use my B loader to move small engines, transmissions etc. It's my mobile crane for movin' heavy stuff.  I do use it to push the compost pile back now n' then too.  Thumbs Up
Steve@B&B

39'RC, 43'WC, 48'B, 49'G, 50'WF, 65 Big 10, 67'B-110, 75'716H, 2-620's, & a Motorhead wife
ster1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 11:25am
Thanks everyone! It is a good tractor, and it would be cool if I could keep it, but I live in a suburban neighborhood just south of Denver, CO and I just don't have the space for it. I got it to do a particular job, it did it just fine, but now I gotta let it go. Its real tight moving that thing into and out of my backyard. I'm surprised I didn't take out a piece of the fence! She needs a hobby farm or something like that. A place where she can breathe :)
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2022 at 5:44pm
I wish I could say goodbye after a project is done ! Always come up with a reason to keep em around!
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 9:56am
When I built my first front-end-loader tractor (on a IH Cub Cadet chassis), my Dad said "You'll never use that thing"...

Two months later, he was trying to move some 200lb granite edging stones with levers, wood blocks, and his riding mower... was averaging 3 a day. Then he called ME, and I moved the remaining 40 of them in an hour.

Loader tractors make old men strong, and keep young men young.  They're a machine that, until you HAVE one, you never realized how much you need one.

They're also a machine that once you don't have it, how lost you are.

What you have is probably a bit large for a suburban yard environment, but it is an ideal size for a slightly-more-rural acreage.  What I suggest, is that you clean it up really well, make a concise list of everything you've put INTO it, identify every drip and problem point, and then start looking for a compact 4x4 with a FEL, and look for an opportunity for a trade.  You'll never regret it.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
ster1 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ster1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2022 at 11:06am
That is some solid advice. I have to say, I'm reluctant to sell it, because in the 10-ish months I've had it running, I've probably found 10 uses for the loader. For instance, I'm lending it to a friend to move some gravel next week (or, more likely I'll just do it for him). He's younger and stronger than me, and could certainly do it with a wheelbarrow, but why kill yourself when a machine is available? That's my philosophy anyway. Yeah, you know what. I'm going to do that. Start looking for a small one in trade. Thanks!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic