This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

HB-112

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KS Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HB-112
    Posted: 27 Sep 2010 at 8:07am
Have a chance to buy a HB-112 garden tractor. Missing seat pan and not running. No deck. How rare are these? Are parts available if hydrostat is bad?
Sponsored Links

1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 10:53pm
HB 112 was built only one yr I believe. It's AC first Hydro lawn tractor . mine had a bad axle in it when i got it & I used an axle out of a newer model simplicity. It works fine . I believe they are the same as newer ones.
ACmowerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ACmowerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2010 at 11:20pm
The HB-112 is pretty rare. It has a vickers hydrostat which was prone to leaks.  There are articles on the SimpleTractors site about how to fix them.  I have an HB-212 (only difference from the HB-112 is the hood and steering wheel) and I love it. Its almost as fast as Dad's zero turn. Great looking tractors.  Most of the important parts can still be had through Simplicity or Briggs and many restoration parts can be had through Well's Implement and ebay.
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 8:45am
just thought I'd post a picture. my son & grandson restored it for me.
KS Husker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KS Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 1:10pm
Thanks for the info. Hope I can get it bought.

farmtoybuilder View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmtoybuilder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2010 at 1:54pm
If you don't get it brought, please let us know. We've been hunting one for a few years now. Had one them with hydraulic lift, lights tool box on rear of seat (another hard to find item) 48" mower and blade when we were kids! Dad also built a rear carry all for it. Also had chrome straight stack on it! When Dad brought it home I was upset that it was hydro! Now we can't do wheelies with it :( It didn't take long to figure out how though :) And when the carry all was on it was easy!  I can still remember going backwards with it, then shove hydro lever to forward and doing wheelies! :) Also remember getting yelled at for them. Looking back it was easrier on hydro than the standard transmission and didn't hurt tractor as much. 

Good Old Days! 
5 different TT-10's,5 TT-18's Terra Tigers,B-10,2 B-207's,B-110,2 B-112's,HB-112,B-210,B-212,HB212,2 Scamp's & Homilite T-10. Still hunting NICE HB-112 & anything Terra Tiger & Trailers for them.   
KS Husker View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KS Husker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 6:52am
Got the HB-112 bought and home. Kinda rough. Need to find a parts tractor. Serial Number is 010754. Can anybody tell me what year it is? Also looking for decal set and suggestions on paint. Brand and color code. If anyone has extra parts close to the Southeast Kansas area let me know. Need hitch, starter/gen, seat pan, seat and deck.
1946WP View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1946WP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 8:14am
According to C H Wendel the HB 112 was built in 1968 & the HB 212 in 1969 & 1970. but Norm Swinfords book states the HB 212 was Allis's first hydro built in 1970. you determine?
Gary View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2010 at 9:14am
I have had an HB-112 for about 10 years, and use it for mowing with 42" deck.
Also have 48" deck, snow thrower, and roto-tiller.
I believe HB-112 is the only year with the hinged cover over the gas tank.

Also have a B-207 which is like a little brother with a similar hinged cover over the gas tank.

Gary
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic