This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ACC 70B Fork Lift Hydraulic Leak

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokes391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ACC 70B Fork Lift Hydraulic Leak
    Posted: 09 Apr 2022 at 7:24pm
Hello, I have a Allis Chalmers ACC 70B forklift that I purchased about a year ago to save some wear and tear on my skid steer, it’s runs amazing & appears to have had a lot of preventative & replacement work done to it which is why a bought it. On my last job while moving inventory pallets it started leaking a small steady stream of hydraulic fluid from underneath, I quickly finished up the job & now I’m trying to find out the issue. I always work on all my own stuff… with the help of the internet (I’m not that smart but can follow instructions well lol). I’m a bit freaked out as there is almost zero info on parts or help it seems for this particular Forklift. Any advice on what I should be checking that could cause such a steady leak ? Also any help on finding parts/info for these things.

Any help is much appreciated

Thank you -Scott
Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 7:41pm
Welcome to the site! While I am no authority on the subject I have a suggestion:  Post pictures, we love pictures.  Also someone who has better eyes than mine might see the problem, right off...  Good luck!Hug

Edited by DiyDave - 10 Apr 2022 at 7:41pm
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Spokes391 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokes391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2022 at 9:11pm
Thanks for the reply. I will post some pictures of it.

I actually found the leak…it’s leaking directly out of the steering Ram. Not out of a line or anything. Now I just need to figure out how to get to this thing lol

Also, I’ve been curious about this fork lift since I got it as it weighs 14,000lbs but has a 2900lb mast on it. Seems like a overkill weight for such a small lift max. It has a Yale 2900 mast but The original plate with model # etc shows 2900lbs also. Any idea why this is?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 4:14am
On forklifts, the rating is kind of weird.  It depends how far the weight extends out front and how high up it is,  The further out front and the higher up, the lower the rating is kind of follows logic, but mfr's play with the specifics, to advertise each machine as being able to lift more.  Kind of the catch 22 of forklifts...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 5:54am

in 'search' say 'allis acc70' or similar to narrow down the results. You may not find your exact lift, but close should be ok as they share a lot of same parts.

you might get lucky, remove the 'foot plate' or 'floorboard' and see from the top -> down where the leaks is from.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Spokes391 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokes391 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 4:15am
Thank you for the manual site, I found a ACC 40 which appears to be similar parts wise. Showed me a lot.

Any advise on taking rear tires off safely on a 14k pound forklift? Lol I’ve never worked on anything this heavy. I have two standard car/truck floor jacks I’m thinking about trying or try to barrow a 10 ton one from somewhere.

….Or even better any tricks on how to get to the steering Ram from the top? I need to completely remove it as it’s leaking out of the cylinder/shaft.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2022 at 6:13am
That site is addictive, tons to neat machines, easy to get 'lost'.

What I made for my 'little' FPD50 (5000#cap, so 7000# GVW ?), was a pair of 'sectional' ramps. Think of 4 2by10s,screwed into a 'block' , 4 layers tall. Then cut into 2 section 3',2' and 1'. I also built  2by10 'ramps'. I temporarily screw them together as a ramp,1',3',2' unit. Drive forklift up,screw on 'chock blocks', then remove ramp and center 3' section. Rear tire  sits on 1' piece, front tire on 2' piece. You can probably make your centers longer ? To have more height, just add more 2by10s.

This allow me safe access to the under side of the forklift.

To remove a rear tire, you really need a 10-20T 'toe' jack and sections of 2by6, 2by8.You raise the right rear corner and stuff blocking under every 1.5". Shim as needed so rear tire is an 1" off floor, then slowly release toejack. Let it 'settle' , go have a coffee, THEN remove rear tire. I don't have a toejack so I use a 'portapower' unit and a small 5T ram.

hope this helps
Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic