This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

16B power shift dozer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowhide65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 16B power shift dozer
    Posted: 04 Apr 2022 at 5:16pm
Friend called wanted me to change all the hydraulic lines on the dozer got all the lines changed now it won't go forward or backwards very well it is very slow no power want turn worked fine when he parked it a year ago any advise thank you
Sponsored Links

CAL(KS) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CAL(KS) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 8:20am
i would guess air still in lines or lines crossed.  converter wont function correctly till all air out and full of oil.

Edited by CAL(KS) - 05 Apr 2022 at 8:20am
Me -C,U,UC,WC,WD45,190XT,TL-12,145T,HD6G,HD16,HD20

Dad- WD, D17D, D19D, RT100A, 7020, 7080,7580, 2-8550's, 2-S77, HD15
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 9:07am
could be no oil ( air trap) in converter............ could also be similar problem with steering / brake valve.... No oil / too much air in lines.

Might check filters and suction screens , oil levels , pressure out of filters...
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Cowhide65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowhide65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 1:31pm
Any suggestions on how to remove the air
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 3:57pm
need to prime the pump.... Not sure exactly where the suction screen (canister??) and filter (canister??) are, but remove, clean and fill with oil.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2022 at 5:27pm
Could be same or similar issue I had with the 7G, New Suction Line SUCKING air, could not make stop so reinstalled old line, worked fine.  Ended up cutting fittings from Donor Tractor Suction lines(OE were Special Allis Fittings) and set them up as Adaptor Fittings for basic Hoses, that worked easiest.  Eventually had to swap out Hyd Pump(Off Donor) for Trans as would not retain suction and all the woes went away.
Cowhide65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowhide65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2022 at 4:36am
Thank you for the help I'll prime it in the morning and see what happens
Cowhide65 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowhide65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:52am
well guys I prime the system and I think I have another problem dozer still want move I don't have pressure anywhere the blade works no forward or backwards movement what do I need to be looking for now

Edited by Cowhide65 - 08 Apr 2022 at 5:55am
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 6:24am
Hydraulic pumps are PDP (positive displacement pump)
They either pull oil or can’t.

If is not pulling from sump either sucking air or the drive is failed or the clearances are too wide internally. There are no other choices if was moving oil prior.

Bucket system is separate has nothing to do with transmission.
Ages Cat View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ages Cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 5:18pm
We changed hoes on our 540 wheel loader. We have struggled with it ever since. My advise- change 2 at a time. 

Curt Anderson
HD3, HD5B, HD6E, HD6AG,HD6B dozer, I-400, 615, 616,(2) 620, 720, ACP25 lift truck, 1956 D Special Grader, AC 540 loader, AC 655 crawler loader, AC #84 plow, Simplicity lawn tractors.
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 6:12pm
I can't attest to a 16B myself but I have an 11B and they are similar. While you primed the system, are you certain the transmission filter cannister is full? This should lead directly to the transmission pump that is either flywheel, or torque converter driven. If this filter and housing is not full and depletes, the transmission pump will not self prime as it requires slight fluid pressure on it's input side. Extremely low oil level will cause this also. You need to ensure the transmission is full, and this filter housing is full or it can give the symptoms you are experiencing. 

While a hydraulic pump is "Positive Displacement", most have a very limited ability to self prime, (especially gear pumps) as they rely upon the sealing the oil provides to take up the clearances internal to their design. This is why their respective "sump/tank" is located above their inlet section. They are not designed to move "air". 

Edited by Codger - 08 Apr 2022 at 6:23pm
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Apr 2022 at 7:08am
any updates?
Codger View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Codger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:34am
Assuming the problem got sorted and that's great. 
Ian Beale View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ian Beale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2022 at 5:41am
IIRC the brake/steer pump is up below the injector pump and well above the reservoir?

Our FA 10 has the pumps at the bottom of the converter housing so flooded suction and you're still supposed to run the engine very short cycle to prime them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic