This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Deere is facing a Farmer revolt.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Deere is facing a Farmer revolt.
    Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:15pm
Sponsored Links

Mikez View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mikez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:52pm
the one guy still has ole WD on hand and shows her off. And gleaner combine 

Edited by Mikez - 22 Jan 2022 at 6:55pm
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 6:56pm
Can't help but notice that WD-45, sitting for 2 months, but runs like a top!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2022 at 7:39pm
just hope that bill keeps moving forward my livelyhood depends on it
Red Bank View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Bank Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:39pm
What exactly are the farmers asking for from Deere? The reason I ask that is I have access to Ford software that I pay a yearly subscription for and have the same software and laptop the dealers use. Is the issue that Deere will not allow the diagnostic software to be released to the public? The other question I have is how do they determine the amount of money repairs are making for Deere? The local Deere dealership is not factory owned so aside from parts how much money does Deere make off the repair? Not trying to start a fight but just pointing out that Deere could do what Ford did and still make money off of it. Ford came out with an Independent Repair Facility (IRF) program that encourages dealers to take independent garages in and offer us the same access to training as the dealership mechanics. The reason was at the end of the day Ford recognized there is money to be made in parts. Just wondering why Deere doesn’t do the same?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:50pm
re: why Deere doesn’t do the same?

Because they wear great big greedy, er ,green britches ???

Have heard that they have 24+% of World sales of 'farming equipment'. That could easily give them the 'messiah complex' ??

on a side note, also heard there's a BMW dealership in FLA that charges $195 shop rate !
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm
Ford must have changed their attitude as we had a 2004 Ford Explorer and the local mechanic couldn't diagnose the problem as Ford had proprietary rights to the transmission port and the mechanics computer couldn't hook up. So we went to Ford and wouldn't you know it they had a special sale on those transmissions. I believe what John Deere is up to is they own the software so only John Deere technicians can access. My opinion is under warranty yes only John Deere ,off warranty fix it yourself or have an independent technician fix it.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 2:09pm
I have to think that a lot of the small to mdsize farmers are asking themselves if they really need a new tractor/combine/planter and looking down the road to retirement not that far away.  Maybe just rebuild what they have or buy a slightly newer machine.  I truly believe not all farmers want to be the biggest in the county, they just want to make a good living.  Time will tell if JD and the others are right in pushing their technology.
ILGLEANER View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ILGLEANER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
The answer to your first question Red Bank is yes. Deere will not release the software. That way you can only get the work done at a Deere dealer. Our local Deere shop rate is 165 an hour. They have a monopoly on it. I am sure easy dealer has to pay for the software to use also.
          IG

Edited by ILGLEANER - 23 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
Education doesn't make you smart, it makes you educated.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Deere has all the dealers taking it in the shorts as to this.  Customers are Leasing now and turning in those leases as come to completion where few are buying the out of warranty older electronic machines.  Cannot repair at home no need to buy so continue to lease with extended warranty on everything so dealers take that beating only getting paid warranty dollars against Corporate Time schedules, GIGANTIC ripoff of the dealers.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2022 at 3:48pm
In this senerio leases would be better- who wouldve ever thought farming would get to this BS - but its gotten to be corporate farming, ties with our government - i think 
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 10:25am
   Why is it that a dealership from Indiana or Illinois buys out the dealers in Ohio/ first thing that happened around here is the cost of parts went up and also shop cost.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 1:20pm
The biggest JD dealership in Colorado also has branches on the east coast.
I guess if I were younger and more ambitious I would probably be leasing big tractors and combines too.  Kind of glad I'm neither LOL.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm
  I have never leased anything by told wife if we ever get another vehicle I would consider leasing because of all the electronic and computers in these new vehicles
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic