This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Just A Thought --- For Hutchinson 2025

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Just A Thought --- For Hutchinson 2025
    Posted: 03 Dec 2021 at 10:28pm
In 1987, while delivering Winnebago motorhomes, dad spotted an 8070 at a dealership in Pomeroy, Iowa. On their return run, dad made sure to go back and check it out. The dealer told them that he had two new 1985 8070's and that they were for sale. When they got home, dad couldn't tell me about these twins fast enough. He ended trading his 82 and 83 PS FWA 8070's for these two (S.N. 3148 & 3153). They have front end diff. lock, throttle in the console, no more 5TH gear squeal, and they still today sport the KHD logo in the grill. 

Today, I parked them head to tail in the shed, where they will take their long winter's rest. They still run very good. They are showing signs of age though. Put in a new temp gauge and sender in one, and the temp still won't read. The seats need updating, as seats do. A fresh spray of Corp Orange would be great as well.

I undid the ground cables from the batteries, and give them one last look before the lights went off and I walked outside. A though comes to mind. What if I had them painted? What if I put new seats in the cabs? It would cost some money to get them hauled to Hutchinson(300 mile round trip), but wouldn't it be fun to see how many 1985 Allis Chalmers and Gleaner combines could be rounded up? If I did the math right, 2025 should be their 40TH builtday. Maybe even a picture with 6070 S.N. 1972 in the middle.

Oh, and one last thought, I wonder if those 1987 Winnebago's that the folks delivered are still running up and down the highways?
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
Sponsored Links

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Dec 2021 at 9:24pm
I like your idea for a show that year featuring the last years tractors sold. As far as your tractors a good detailing buffing and waxing and touching up a little goes a long way. I like seeing them in original condition if they aren't too far gone.
IBWD MIke View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IBWD MIke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2021 at 9:12am
Great idea!

This reminds me, need to book a room for next July. Going to try to get to Canada in late June so I can do both next year!

Maybe you'll recognize me at the motel next year?

Edited by IBWD MIke - 05 Dec 2021 at 9:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic