This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Speaking to 3rd 4th and 5th graders

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Speaking to 3rd 4th and 5th graders
    Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 6:11am
A civil war group I belong to was invited to Berryville Arkansas intermediate school to give a demonstration.
I’m shocked at how well we were received.
We were dressed in full uniform and I even got to show off my original 1861 Springfield .
I was nervous as could be the first round but got comfortable and had a very good time. We spoke with 4 different groups.
We even brought some hard tack to share.
Hoping we maybe struck some interest in some of them.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 6:50am
Kids tend to be voracious as to learning of real history. I was as were my own sibs, still am.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
YEP... kids soak things up like a sponge... BEST to have VISUAL AIDS.... Uniforms and era rifles would get their attention as compared to reading a book.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 10:07am
This is why the press for CRT inside of ALL Classes and class rooms.  The kids suck up that indoctrinating message.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 10:41am
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

This is why the press for CRT inside of ALL Classes and class rooms.  The kids suck up that indoctrinating message.

Exactly
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Nov 2021 at 11:25pm
good job! kids nowadays need more of that kind of learning, get them away from puters awhile.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2021 at 6:19pm
Here in California(I think it is nation wide but not sure) there is a off shoot of Farm Bureau called Ag in the Classroom. Has different helps for teachers to add ag things into regular class time, copied from animal rights groups Wink  but coming from the other side.

In this county the group has a program it invite every 4th grader classroom out to spend the day at the fair grounds. They see one presentation in the main grandstand for all and then 4, 15 minute  presentations in smaller groups.  Hopefully one with animals, and about growing a crop, and mechanical things, forth being anything ag related. Then lunch with good fresh food. But always hard to find farm people that will give a day up for kids education. But so vital for so many kids. 

So thank you Thad for taking the time to make difference.  Because without real people the kooks end up being the ones kids get influenced by.  So all of you out there if somebody asks please take time. 

Edited by Ray54 - 14 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 1:10pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

A civil war group I belong to was invited to Berryville Arkansas intermediate school to give a demonstration.
We were dressed in full uniform and I even got to show off my original 1861 Springfield .
I was nervous as could be the first round but got comfortable and had a very good time. We spoke with 4 different groups.

Wait, what? you took a high powered military rifle into a school? And nobody was killed or injured? no out cry from mommies and daddies?     sarcasm intended
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Wait, what? you took a high powered military rifle into a school? And nobody was killed or injured? no out cry from mommies and daddies?     sarcasm intended

‘‘Twas in Berryville Arkansas.
Wouldn’t happen on this side of the river. We have hippies over on this side of the county.
They’d and fall back in it.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Nov 2021 at 7:16pm
But how on Earth did the gun not kill the children?
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:20am
Originally posted by thendrix thendrix wrote:

But how on Earth did the gun not kill the children?

I didn’t fill the powder flask or it may have went full auto. That’s what assault weapons do.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 5:49am
Thad!!! You're a hero!!!!
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic