This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Question For The STO/Retired Guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Question For The STO/Retired Guys
    Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 5:30pm
When driving down roads, do you pull over and STOP with flashers on and let an oncoming piece of neighboring equipment proceed ??  
By STO, I mean guys that are "possibly" done harvesting (weather permitting).
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:10pm
Not sure I understand your question, are referring to only harvesting equipment?
What about oilfield equipment?
Construction equipment?
Modular homes?
What does someone bring retired have to do with it?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Not sure I understand your question, are referring to only harvesting equipment?
Construction equipment?
Modular homes?

Sorry Lars, strictly larger farm equipment, whether spring tillage/ planting or harvesting equipment in the fall. I watched an approaching  combine fight traffic for almost a quarter of a mile while he was within a 1/2 mile from his farm this evening. I pulled over 1/2 onto my shoulder, stopped, put hazards on so the CITIOTS  couldn't pass me and flashed my hi beams at the cab operator to COME ON Clap !! The hearty wave from him made my day Big smile
The "retired" comment was to the farmers that no longer farm, but have respect for the machinery on the roads is all LOL

Edited by FREEDGUY - 05 Nov 2021 at 6:20pm
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:33pm
Gimme the frequency,  I am not on the wave length with this whatever.  LOL
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 6:39pm
Probably something to do with Blue Ovals and McRib sandwiches...Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
fixer1958 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fixer1958 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:06pm
Still pissed about the pickup wannabee's.
All this pondering would give me a headache.
AllisFreak MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AllisFreak MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:20pm
The questions just keep getting more pointless. Why even bother trying to justify with an answer? Obviously alcohol induced. If he would just wait until morning after sobering up, 90% of these questions would never be asked.
'49 A-C WD, '51 A-C WD, '63 A-C D17 Series III, 1968 A-C One-Seventy, '82 A-C 6060, '75 A-C 7040, A-C #3 sickle mower, 2 A-C 701 wagons, '78 Gleaner M2
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Construction equipment?
Modular homes?

Sorry Lars, strictly larger farm equipment, whether spring tillage/ planting or harvesting equipment in the fall. I watched an approaching  combine fight traffic for almost a quarter of a mile while he was within a 1/2 mile from his farm this evening. I pulled over 1/2 onto my shoulder, stopped, put hazards on so the CITIOTS  couldn't pass me and flashed my hi beams at the cab operator to COME ON Clap !! The hearty wave from him made my day Big smile
The "retired" comment was to the farmers that no longer farm, but have respect for the machinery on the roads is all LOL

If you did that for me or any other farmer in these parts Freed you would get a big wave of appreciation!!  ClapThumbs Up  I once was half way thru a bridge with the combine and 36ft header and some idiot pulled up to the bridge inside the guard rails with a car behind him.Wacko  Luckily the person behind him had a brain and could see what was going to happen and left room for the moron setting inside the guard rails to back up so I could get thru the bridge. Wink  I don't like using the highway but when you have to go 4 miles east or west to get around a creek on sand or take the highway so your not 8 miles out of your way its sometimes necessary.  Farmers aren't there to piss people off they're just trying to do there job.

One other thing when you come up behind them and they pull over half on the road half in the ditch they want you to pass, I don't know how many times I've done that and had someone behind me that wouldn't pass because equipment end was still slightly in the other lane, apparently they thought I just wanted to bounce my equipment through the ditch.

Edited by Kansas99 - 05 Nov 2021 at 8:28pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Dave H Dave H wrote:

Gimme the frequency,  I am not on the wave length with this whatever.  LOL
Do you pull over and STOP for an oncoming farm IMPEPLENT  or just take your share of the road ??  Granted, there is SOMETHING with the English language that  escapes you guys from ILL. CryCry
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 5:44pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Construction equipment?
Modular homes?

If you did that for me or any other farmer in these parts Freed you would get a big wave of appreciation!!  ClapThumbs Up  I once was half way thru a bridge with the combine and 36ft header and some idiot pulled up to the bridge inside the guard rails with a car behind him.Wacko  Luckily the person behind him had a brain and could see what was going to happen and left room for the moron setting inside the guard rails to back up so I could get thru the bridge. Wink  I don't like using the highway but when you have to go 4 miles east or west to get around a creek on sand or take the highway so your not 8 miles out of your way its sometimes necessary.  Farmers aren't there to piss people off they're just trying to do there job.

One other thing when you come up behind them and they pull over half on the road half in the ditch they want you to pass, I don't know how many times I've done that and had someone behind me that wouldn't pass because equipment end was still slightly in the other lane, apparently they thought I just wanted to bounce my equipment through the ditch.
Thank you for being able to "PICK UP" what I was "putting down" !! These ILL. guys area breed of their own CryCry .
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:02pm
When moving farm equipment or plowing snow for MDOT many times I had handicapped people wave at me. And how I knew they were handicapped they only had one finger on the waving hand!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by klinemar klinemar wrote:

When moving farm equipment or plowing snow for MDOT many times I had handicapped people wave at me. And how I knew they were handicapped they only had one finger on the waving hand!

OUCH Confused !! But you were in the cab of "said" equipment  I take it ??
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 8:23pm
I will definitely pull over onto the shoulder to give approaching, plenty of room.
No, I am not retired yet.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Jordan(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jordan(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 2:59am

Construction equipment?
Modular homes?

Any chance to add to "his"/maybe he/she post count.
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:00am
What is STO guy?
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:07am
Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

What is STO guy?

I think its his derisive, arrogant way of referring to small farmers (small time operators).

I could be wrong, but often am right...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 8:48am
So i still dont get it... If you are a "STO" or "RETIRED" are you suppose to be one of the GOOD GUYS that stops, or one of the a-holes that dont ? .......Does this also include height, weight, race or your education ?? Wink

Do Chevy drivers stop, or just FORD drivers ?  How about McD RIB eaters ?

Edited by steve(ill) - 07 Nov 2021 at 8:49am
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

Originally posted by Ed (Ont) Ed (Ont) wrote:

What is STO guy?

I think its his derisive, arrogant way of referring to small farmers (small time operators).

I could be wrong, but often am right...Wink

In this case, you are 100 % correct !!! Arrogant ?? NO Clap . You must be a BTO ??? 
The farmer that I did a "solid" for was no relation/neighboring farmer is in "MY" neighborhood, but I can honestly say that I don't know his name. He rents many small parcels that the BTO'S won't stoop to (their equipment is too large to get into these fields SmileSmile),  but I can feel for the little guy Smile .
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:26pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

So i still dont get it... If you are a "STO" or "RETIRED" are you suppose to be one of the GOOD GUYS that stops, or one of the a-holes that dont ? .......Does this also include height, weight, race or your education ?? Wink

You choose to do whatever floats your boat Stevo ClapClap !! I was  as awashed with gratitude from that combine operators hand wave as I was when Spray Tanner got the boot Big smileBig smile !!
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:28pm

You choose to do whatever floats your boat Stevo ClapClap !! I was  as awashed with gratitude from that combine operators hand wave as I was when Spray Tanner got the boot Big smileBig smile !!

There you go again, gassy, bringing politics into the discussion...WinkBeer
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:30pm
Stevo already did it, are you guys related ??
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm

I take it that you're the guy in the neighborhood that holds your side of the yellow line and "TO HELL"  with the oncoming traffic no matter what it might be ??
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 6:35pm

Stevo already did it, are you guys related ??

gassy, do me a favor, show me where Steve injected politics into this thread...Wink

Was it this one?

"Probably something to do with Blue Ovals and McRib sandwiches..."Wink

Or maybe this one?

"So i still dont get it... If you are a "STO" or "RETIRED" are you suppose to be one of the GOOD GUYS that stops, or one of the a-holes that dont ? .......Does this also include height, weight, race or your education ?? Wink

Do Chevy drivers stop, or just FORD drivers ?  How about McD RIB eaters ?"

Is it written in code?Wink

Edited by DiyDave - 07 Nov 2021 at 6:39pm
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 7:09pm
I live on a dirt road.  There ain't no shoulders.  I pull up a driveway when I get close to any big equipment.  Whatever the case, you need to pull over for these machines, where ever you come across one, but really necessary if you are picking up a McRib!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 9:35pm

......farm IMPEPLENT  ....   ?? Granted, there is SOMETHING with the English language that  escapes you guys from ILL. CryCry

It probably has something to do with the fact that they can spell.

Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2021 at 10:25pm
 I was  as awashed with gratitude from that combine operators hand wave....

What a MORON... You REALLY impressed yourself because you pulled over and let a guy pass ??  WOW....And you think you have to be RETIRED or a STO to do this ?   I hate to tell you, but i would guess 95% of the guys on this page would have pulled over also.. COMMON COURTESY.... There are always a few idiots and  those that dont pay attention to what is going on around them....... MOST of them are not on this AC Page..... Most of us do this DAILY in "farm country"... its not a big deal... Your not all THAT SPECIAL ! 
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 4:52am
Originally posted by DaveKamp DaveKamp wrote:

......farm IMPEPLENT  ....   ?? Granted, there is SOMETHING with the English language that  escapes you guys from ILL. CryCry

It probably has something to do with the fact that they can spell.

Or are sober, when posting!WinkBeer
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic