This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 good things

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 good things
    Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 12:17am
about winter: i can play with the "machine" and there won't be any more of the %&#$@&% FLIES!
Sponsored Links

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:34am
I DARE ya to get it running good enough to cover me up Big smile
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 6:45am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

about winter: i can play with the "machine" and there won't be any more of the %&#$@&% FLIES!

Yeah, Good Buddy,,I ain't too awful worried bout that "machine" cause I seriously doubt it could hit us again like it did with "Winter Storm Goliath" a few years back,,,,,Wink,,,'sides,,I been thinkin bout spending some time down to Dallas with the new Grandkids, plus put in some time at Canton doing the Flea Market thing for a week or so,,,that thing is SOOo big it takes a week or so to see it all..
 I ain't got a thing against workin,,but hope you gots your Cook Shack done by the time ole Thad and I get there in the spring to check out our Jeeps and tractors,,,,and you thought we had done forgot,,hain't you,,??LOL
  Ten four on the friggin flies this year!! The last close to us Dairy closed up bout two years ago so ain't got a clue WHERE they comin  from but they is here TOO!! I bet I killed a few thousand of them yesterday mornin early as they had bunched up on the porch wall,,,I sprayed em with the Home Defense and they all hit the floor,,I mean tousands of em!!
  Another strange happening is all the tousands of crickets,,seems like under every piece of wood or anything on the ground,,,never seen so many of them,,,?? Bout two years ago, I had the whole yard and UNDER the house sprayed for them friggin cock roaches as we'd get one in the house every week or so. Well, I ain't seen ANY of them roaches but now we gots them jumping crickets,,,,??
allisorange View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allisorange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:19am
We have all kinds of crickets here in Upper Michigan also.
never seen this many.

J Carlson
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:51am
And here I thought our cricket infestation was something I had done, we are overrun with them in Hillsboro Missouri.
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:32am
Coalinga,  CA. a small town near here had them so bad in the 80's that they turned out all the street lights.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:13pm
Originally posted by TomC TomC wrote:

And here I thought our cricket infestation was something I had done, we are overrun with them in Hillsboro Missouri.

Well,,what is kinda puzzling is I have NOT seen a, cock roach in months and then started to notice all the crickets everywhere I would see them roaches before,,,? You reckon the crickets are eating the roaches,,,,??
 Sure wisht I could find where in all the floors/walls in the house thay get in the house, cause now I find a dead cricket inside the house maybe once a week. That Home Defense sure works great,,!!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 10:18pm
let that snow rip i am ready to ride the 76 sno jet 
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 1:03am
You folks mention annoying pests, not that I'm missing them or looking for them but did we get lucky and miss a season of pesky orange lady bugs in exchange for gnats this fall and with the cooler temperatures the gnats should be gone shortly
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2021 at 3:32am
yeah...i haven't seen to many lady bugs or jap beatles here this year either, i'm still swatting flies tonight here.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 12:40am
HAH!!  We've had our share of the flies and bees this year!  BUT,,,,,,,the one that I hate the most is the %&#$@&% mosquitos!!  And they're BIG!!!  In the 60's today and they must have made another hatch?  Can't be outside without stuff on...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 9:26am
We lucked out here this year!  I never saw a single mosquito here all summer.  Far to dry and no place for them to breed.  Hundreds of resident tree swallows help a lot, too.  First year in memory with no "skitters"!!  Flies as usual, especially when the cows were in the home pasture!!
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 12:34pm
Well spoke to soon, the orange lady bugs have found us here in central Illinois. But having the warm dry weather offsets the pesky critters.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2021 at 9:25pm
still catching millions of flies in my traps, still millions more to gits trapped! i even put one of them old fashioned fly ribbons up in my cook shack...it fills up every day or two. i used to spray in the cook shack when leaving it, the old lady....ooooops....i mean the loving wife grabbed the spray for somewhere else...can't find it now, i spose i'll never find it again...that seems to happen with all the other stuff she "borrows", never to be seen again! sure would help if she'd close the door more...just stands there with it open all the time! i need to send her off somewhere to visit for a couple years! 
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:22am
Them orange ladybug 🐞 lookin bugs showed up here this last week.
I was working in the Shop Sunday afternoon and the darn things are everywhere.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm
  I went out and sprayed fruit trees today and them Ladybug were in every tree
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2021 at 4:07pm
I opened the doors on a bin to prepare for filling with corn this afternoon and the flies and lady bug pests came flying out the door like the scene from the Green Mile movie where the guy blew out flies after helping Tom Hanks. Crazy and gave me the heebie jeebies on top of a bin no less.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic