This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fritos Honey Twists ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fritos Honey Twists ??
    Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 6:09pm
Any idea of why Frito/Lay can not offer the honey twists in a "normal" sized package like the Fritos ? IMO, the twists are the BEST tasting chip of all of the F/L offerings, but the $$/small bag is a turn-off Confused
BTW, the Doritos Spicy Sweet Chile chips are "ALMOST" as good LOL

Edited by FREEDGUY - 03 Nov 2021 at 6:30pm
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 7:27pm
My guess would be they can sell the small bag for bigger $$ than the big bag. They'll make 3 or 4 small bags for the quantity they put in 1 big bag. Sell the small bag for somewhere around $2 and the big bag for around $4.50. Better to turn $8 than $4.50. I'm not so much a fan of twists. I can't eat many before my mouth is raw
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2021 at 8:50pm
So they go good with beer?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 2:50pm
Nothing like Fritos right out of the fryer, almost to hot to hold. Frito/Lay has a big plant at Bakersfield Ca. a little over 100 miles away. The county Farm Bureau head at the time liked to arrange trips to places like that. Two or even 3 bus loads of us got the grand tour of the baking/ frying works and one of the first fully computer run warehouses. Twenty years ago was one of the most automated warehouses in the world. The conveyor belts and elevators used plan pieces of plywood as the pallets. No fork truck at all. After lunch at the famous Basques restaurant the Wool Growers we went to the carrot processing plant.

Wink Spoiler alert they don't use little carrots to make the baby carrots. They use big long ones and chop  them to size and round the ends off with high pressure water. LOL

Wink Nothing like the chips fresh and hot where the quality control people checked them.Star Don't think it would of been a good idea to have showed up with beer.

Edited by Ray54 - 04 Nov 2021 at 2:52pm
iowallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 4:52pm
I like 'em too. 

Guessing that the net weight for the product is about the same as bigger packages of chips? Getting the same amount weight in a smaller package.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

So they go good with beer?Wink
I would not know DUMB A^*  DAVE WinkWink !! All I know is they are an AWESOME variant of the ORIGINAL ClapClap
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Nov 2021 at 7:18pm
Don’t recall them in stores here, maybe not in this market. Frito’s Chilli flavored in stores here. Over the years, have lost my preference for Frito’s, they taste greasier than years ago.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Nov 2021 at 4:00pm
Target Walmart and SAMs club all have them in a 9 1/4 oz bag. Most chips come in 8 to 10 oz bags as standard. I did not see any in the party size bags.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic