This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

John Deere strike

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: John Deere strike
    Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 5:58am
Deere workers go on strike after UAW fails to reach deal | Reuters

Sound familiar? Many would say a strike was the "beginning of the end" for Allis Chalmers.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:13am
Perhaps. But this is SOP for Deere and labor union
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:21am
Originally posted by WF owner WF owner wrote:

Deere workers go on strike after UAW fails to reach deal | Reuters

Sound familiar? Many would say a strike was the "beginning of the end" for Allis Chalmers.

Sure didn’t help International Harvester.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 6:53am
IH happened at a real bad time tho,
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 7:35am
Originally posted by DougG DougG wrote:

Uh....isn't this kind of a real bad time?
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:24pm
Yeah----i guess- lol,,  but i was thinking more of the Allis strike  years ago - heard that JD,S ceo got a 160 % raise in pay and bonuess last year,  seems they always get the cream off the top

Edited by DougG - 14 Oct 2021 at 3:33pm
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:36pm
So, JD is on strike..HOW does that affect the farmer with a busted green machine int he middle of 20,000 acres of beans ???  Who can help him ??
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:45pm
Let's get the dirty laundry right out front.  Now is AGCO over paying or is John Deere overpaying the ceo, or both.  I say going by AGCO not building orange tractors and this is the sum-itch that was responsible, I say AGCO is way over paying.Wink LOL

Don't ask me to verify any of this I just copied and pasted it on my phone, because seeing John Deere always brings back nightmares of a 7700 and 8640 and I get sick to my stomach.LOLWink

Compensation Information for Martin H. Richenhagen, Retired Chairman, President and Chief ...

As Retired Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer at AGCO CORP, Martin H. Richenhagen made $10,894,836 in total compensation. Of this total $1,385,942 was received as a salary, $3,507,127 was received as a bonus, $892,475 was received in stock options, $4,950,270 was awarded as stock and $159,022 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements ...

Average AGCO Salary - Zippia

How Much Does AGCO Pay? On a national level, workers at AGCO earn an average salary of $56,774 per year, or $27.3 an hour. There is a significant gap between the bottom 10 percent of earners and the top 10 percent of earners. The lowest-paid workers at AGCO make less than $31,000 a year, while the highest-paid workers can earn over $102,000.

Compensation Information for John C. May, Chairman and ...

As Chairman and Chief Executive Officer at DEERE & CO, John C. May made $14,753,774 in total compensation. Of this total $1,199,245 was received as a salary, $3,741,252 was received as a bonus, $2,624,979 was received in stock options, $6,878,173 was awarded as stock and $310,125 came from other types of compensation. This information is according to proxy statements filed for the 2020 fiscal ..

John Deere salaries: How much does John Deere pay ...

How much does John Deere in the United States pay? The average John Deere salary ranges from approximately $30,000 per year for Detailer to $148,052 per year for Certified Public Accountant. Average John Deere hourly pay ranges from approximately $11.50 per hour for Repack to $45.00 per hour for Senior Network Analyst.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:45pm
Jay....maybe a Gleaner could help him?
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:47pm
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

So, JD is on strike..HOW does that affect the farmer with a busted green machine int he middle of 20,000 acres of beans ???  Who can help him ??

The insurance company can help him as long as he remembers to set it on fire before he goes home.Thumbs Up Wink LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Dave in PA View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave in PA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 3:52pm
Shameless, what are you going to do? Don't the green do your area fields?  LOL
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:12am
Every union member should have a talk with one of the ex Caterpillar employees from the York, Pa, plant before they vote to strike. I hear that The Clown Place is hiring as well as Wally World and Target
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

The insurance company can help him as long as he remembers to set it on fire before he goes home.Thumbs Up Wink LOL

I thought new JD tractors were self igniting.  I know the combines are...Wink

Around here, its called landscapers lightning, You'd be surprised at how many that manage to stall out a tractor, while pushing together a burning fire pile...WinkWink

Y'all pull up a chair, grab some marshmallows and chocolate bars, and make some s'mores...WinkWinkWink

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 6:25pm
YEP... saw a couple of them 10-15 years ago... None recently..

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

When IH striked the economy was miserable and interest rates were high. Now the economy is roaring with funny money and interest is peanuts.   When IH striked they were losing money JD is having record profits.  I’ve read on another site Deere welders top out at $25 hour.  Going into this they had 400 open positions must not be to alluring. 
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

When IH striked the economy was miserable and interest rates were high. Now the economy is roaring with funny money and interest is peanuts.   When IH striked they were losing money JD is having record profits.  I’ve read on another site Deere welders top out at $25 hour.  Going into this they had 400 open positions must not be to alluring. 

Oh, I’m sorry. Yes, the world is peaches and cream and honey right now! Everything smooooooth sailing, normal as can be.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:28pm
a good welder should be well above  $25. an hour ....
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 7:36pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

a good welder should be well above  $25. an hour ....

Agreed.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:23pm
Deere CEO made 6 million in 2020 15.6 million salary in 2021.  
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 8:45pm

Originally posted by victoryallis victoryallis wrote:

Oh, I’m sorry. Yes, the world is peaches and cream and honey right now! Everything smooooooth sailing, normal as can be.

Sounds like the last few contracts the UAW went backwards.  The buying power of workers is down considerably.  Profits up and a year out on orders.  People are tired of being told they have to be afraid of Rona. Scabs parse if any to be found. Perfect time to have a contract up. 

My off farm employer has been running adds for laborers and has got zero responses.   HR guy admitted he’s going to have to talk to corporate about offering more.  

Yes the bubble will burst someday but do you think Deere will say down road to the UAW oh you didn’t ask for anything when we made money by the train load now the economy crashed we’ll help you out now?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic