This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lawn Mowing ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lawn Mowing ??
    Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 4:45pm
Is it the " 'norm" to run a lawn mower blowing the "clippings/debris" onto the road while traffic is being pelted with sticks/pebbles ?? Just curious, as I run 2 rounds of my outer lawn to the INSIDE of my yard to avoid a "potential" PP claim SmileSmile

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 5:30pm
MO has legislation on the books PROHIBITING the deposition of Loose Foreign Material INTENTIONALLY upon Roadways, is NOT enforced so there you have it.
Boss Man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boss Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2021 at 5:38pm
Another one of the many laws that aren't enforced. No blowing grass onto public roadways. Just like no plowing snow from a private drive onto or across a public roadway
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 3:02am
when i'm mowing the road ditch in front of my house and the open chute is towards the roadway i always stop when vehicles drive past, you never know what the mower might pick up and pelt one with something.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 6:37am
Anyone with common sense will NOT remove the deflector guard or toss stuff onto the road. Some,without common sense eventually learn why AFTER they pay for the damage they cause.
A neighbour snowplowed his gravel driveway onto my grass next door for several years(20 not that I'm counting...), every spring I'd rake for 3-4 days to get the gravel out of the grass. that's ONE job I don't have to do anymore.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:01am
Dang ole lay just busted my chops  LOL.  My deflector is in storage in the barn.  The lawn looks a lot better and the clippings get scattered for better decomposition.

Any how I do like shameless.  If my day is coming, folks better hurry since I will never see 78 again.

Also my Z seems to love dining on those beer cans since they seem more abundant since ole sleepy joe is buying.  Big smile
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 9:45am
Sometimes I mow throwing the cuttings into the unmowed grass...the idea being I am chopping the cut grass another time kinda like a mulching mower would do... don't know if my logic is valid but seems to work for me. of course this is not in real tall grass.
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:26am
When I'm mowing the road ditch in front of the house, I blow the clippings back down into the bottom of the ditch.
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:37am
Dave, I saw first hand what a stone doing a kazillion MPH outta a mower did to a 6 year old's ankle.....
since then my deflectors are on
also refused to repair any mowers/riders without them.
it's one safety thing I'm kinda Analabout.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Robert Musgrave View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Robert Musgrave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 10:52am
Ah, yes, the ole' "Backswath" argument/discussion!  R. Musgrave
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 12:14pm
A boy in Wisconsin was seriously injured recently by something flying from a lawn mower. I don't even like blowing grass clippings on the gravel drive way. I like to keep the gravel gravel and the grass on the lawn. I also blow most areas in 3 rounds before blowing out so you don't have grass up against the house or shed, and when I'm done mowing will go back with the lawnmower and blow off the cement.
Brian Jasper co. Ia View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian Jasper co. Ia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 5:30pm
I’m told grass clippings on a highway are like black ice for a motorcycle.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic