This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Construction and other equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers Forklift model question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote north796 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers Forklift model question
    Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 7:42pm
Hello,
I just bought this hilo, didn't have an ID plate. I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me the model. Its a diesel, two stage mast, I'm guessing 9000 pounds. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

dadsdozerhd5b View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dadsdozerhd5b Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:30pm
looking at it's size i would guess in the 5000-6000# range, not big enough to be a 9000#. what does the tag on the right side of the boom say?
HD5B, HD5G, (2) FARMALL A's, CUB. DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, IGNORE THE LAUGHTER. FLANNEL IS ALWAYS IN STYLE.
north796 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote north796 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2010 at 8:56pm
I will have to check tomorrow but I think EIVE2 with a serial number under it.
north796 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote north796 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2010 at 10:40am
Sorry the mast serial # is eixe2 and the mast catalog # is 489062800. Thanks for the help!
towmotor tim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote towmotor tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2011 at 9:09pm
That machine is either a 5 or 6,000lb truck. It is a pneumatic. That makes the model either an ACP50 or 60. It also has those 4 lifting eyes on it,possibly making it a stevedore machine or ex-government. Open the right side door and the serial number is on the chassis.
This is one of the last true American made AC's. Mid 80's vintage! 
B26240 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote B26240 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2011 at 6:53am
Nice looking unit!!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2011 at 2:45pm
Nice, I've got a 5,000# diesel older looking than yours but REAL handy.
I see the bottle jack...If you need to remove the front tires I was told by another A-C guy to tilt the mast back all the way, then put a solid timber underneath the bottom of the mast,then tilt the mast forward. 'magically' it'll raise the wheels just off the ground!

3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
north796 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote north796 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 4:46am
Thanks for the reply's, made some progress on finding the model #, after a good power wash I found some numbers. The engine area was so bad and caked with oil and dirt there were parts that I thought were black but were white! I even found a plug in for my block heaters! On the down side after parking it, the darn thing wont start. No voltage anywhere. Must have got water somewhere. Going to have to get the volt meter out and start tracing. Any one out there have any ideas where to start? I tried to eliminate the ignition switch but I have no power to that even.
towmotor tim View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote towmotor tim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2011 at 3:13pm
TRY THE 2 FUSES UNDER THE DASH
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic