This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rural King ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rural King ?
    Posted: 22 Aug 2021 at 7:27pm
Did RK get sold ? I was looking at their "house brand" of motor oil tonight online and see that it's under a different name and A LOT more expensive Confused . Thanks
Sponsored Links

Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 10:17am
Thank your hero Uncle Joe. They ran out of oil pumped cheap when the evil orange man (  that was your name for Trump right ?) was in charge. Hope you enjoy higher prices. Inflation * from all the government spending is coming.  

* none political information from Eco 101
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 12:55pm
Freedguy, check out Warren Oil Co., they are the makers of LubriGuard. Also Pinnacle Resources, they are a ‘contract packager’. My employer uses both as a supplier.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:02pm
Nearly all petroleum lubricants are in short supply right now. Refiners are claiming a shortage of the additives that are blended into the base stocks.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 3:24pm
I just got a couple full synthetic one gallon jugs of Mobil 1 for 29.99.  There is a mail in rebate.  I will get $10 back for each one, net price $19.99.  I'm happy with that price.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 4:05pm
For Mobil 1, that is a good price.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 6:10pm
You do realize "Full Synthetic" oils are produced from Petroleum stocks?  Look that up!!

Edited by DMiller - 23 Aug 2021 at 6:13pm
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 6:50pm
Yes, I know that.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2021 at 11:45pm
One of the oil schools I went through back in the 1970's was put on by South West Grease and Oil in Omaha Neb. They were bottling 5 different brands of oil that day. It all came from the same base stock outta the same tank. They were bottling Archer oil, F/S motor oil, Sears oil, and 2 other brands that I can't remember. Only the additives were different. They were just coming out with synthetic oils at that time.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 6:40am
"Only the additives were different".  Yeah, and oh what a difference the additives make!  
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 7:01pm
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Thank your hero Uncle Joe. They ran out of oil pumped cheap when the evil orange man (  that was your name for Trump right ?) was in charge. Hope you enjoy higher prices. Inflation * from all the government spending is coming.  

* none political information from Eco 101

How/WHY did the current office holder change the NAME of an "IN HOUSE" brand of a stores oil ?? !!!  
"HE" is SPRAY TANNER BTW WinkClapClap, too fat to lay out in public for a "REAL" tan LOLLOLLOL !!!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

Freedguy, check out Warren Oil Co., they are the makers of LubriGuard. Also Pinnacle Resources, they are a ‘contract packager’. My employer uses both as a supplier.

Thanks. Harvest King was not shown on the RK site, but another off-brand was Confused

Edited by FREEDGUY - 24 Aug 2021 at 7:03pm
Stan IL&TN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stan IL&TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:43pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I just got a couple full synthetic one gallon jugs of Mobil 1 for 29.99.  There is a mail in rebate.  I will get $10 back for each one, net price $19.99.  I'm happy with that price.

Wife did that for me last week for a couple of gallons of Mobil 1. She's a keeper.
1957 WD45 dad's first AC

1968 one-seventy

1956 F40 Ferguson
cwhit View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cwhit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2021 at 8:50pm
Just saw yesterday that the owner of the Rural King stores bought another 2000 acres of prime central Illinois farm ground for 15,000. Bucks per acre. Business must be good.
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 10:56am
Freedguy good that ask questions but turn your brain on and analyze thing a bit. Rural King is going to sell the cheapest "off brand" they can get. Nobody but RK knows why they put a name on a product they sell. I only commented on price. Uncle Joe did everything possible to make petroleum products more expensive( he stopped a pipeline that was being built, the biggest example).  So stock up on oil while you can it will soon cost even more. 

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Ray54 Ray54 wrote:

Freedguy good that ask questions but turn your brain on and analyze thing a bit. Rural King is going to sell the cheapest "off brand" they can get. Nobody but RK knows why they put a name on a product they sell. I only commented on price. Uncle Joe did everything possible to make petroleum products more expensive( he stopped a pipeline that was being built, the biggest example).  So stock up on oil while you can it will soon cost even more. 

But but but in return he did open a pipeline of fentanyl and Covid.
There’s that
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Aug 2021 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by Stan IL&TN Stan IL&TN wrote:

Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

Wife did that for me last week for a couple of gallons of Mobil 1. She's a keeper.

Can you please explain to me WHY synthetic is so much better than conventional ? The current Ford product I run burns (??) 2 qts/3500 miles, buying big $$ synthetic for top-offs is pretty pricy IMO WinkWink
JLS retired View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLS retired Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Aug 2021 at 11:04am
what is the difference between synthetic and conventional, ran mobile conventional for years, good oil. Mobile 1 in newer dually, I can't tell much difference. oh; the pipeline was part of the price jump, the big deal was the canceling of leases on Fed lands
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic