This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AC 3 point mower

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AC 3 point mower
    Posted: 27 Jul 2021 at 9:51pm
I've had this mower 5 years? Rebuilt the bar and never needed to use it till today. Neighbor has a field that you cannot get a hayconditioner in to. The drive getting back to it is cut out of a limestone cliff with a crick running along the east side. I hooked up this mower this afternoon and waited till 5:00 this afternoon till some of the heat disappeared. Needless to say things did not go too well. It sets so close to the 200 you cannot see the bottom end of the bar. It was constantly plugging up till I figured out the rear tractor tire needed to be run right up against the standing hay. New grass board had to be bent up and in. I had to run in 1st gear, low side in the real tall dry grass. Once I got thru that stuff, low side of 2nd was all the faster I could go. I bet it will help if I get the new belt out of the box and put it on the mower. Dang this getting old and forgetful, totally forgot about it till I got about 1/2 done, then I wasn't going home after it. I was sorta disappointed, I did not see 1 rattlesnake. Hoping I'd see a big ol boy over there. Chop the head off and burry it, then get the grandson to fillet them out. Far better than a dang old chicken. Put some jalapenio flavored honey on it, or if you got a sweet tooth, little raspberry honey basted on it.
Sponsored Links

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic