This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pizza ??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pizza ??
    Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:34pm
Of the "fast food" variety of carry-out pizza, what would be your choice? IMO, the pizza/$$ favors Little Ceasars Wink
Sponsored Links

JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 6:57pm
Around here, we have Casey's General, a convenience store,  I like their sausage pizza over any of the actual pizza places.
Maximum use of available resources!
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:05pm
We have Mainstreet Pizza ,a small chain of stores here in Michigan. The Street Special has everything on it and is my favorite!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 7:13pm
Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

Around here, we have Casey's General, a convenience store,  I like their sausage pizza over any of the actual pizza places.
I've personally never had Casey's pizza, but my son has had it at at several B-day parties, he liked it Wink
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 8:45pm
we always do Casey's pizzas
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:05pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Originally posted by JW in MO JW in MO wrote:

I've personally never had Casey's pizza, but my son has had it at at several B-day parties, he liked it Wink

Casey’s breakfast pizza is almost worth dreaming up an excuse for a road trip all in its own.
8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:16pm
Pizza Hut,  Meat Lovers is the one I like. 

u
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 10:40pm
Pizza Hut’s can be hit or miss. The one, less than 1000 feet from the house we had in Midland TX was terrible, always skimped on toppings, short filled the pasta, almost every time over cooked. The one closest to our son’s house on the other side was town is the complete opposite, always heaped toppings, pasta was always full and cooked good.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
tomNE View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomNE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 11:16pm
casey's pizza in the midwest is unbeatable!

AC from the start of my families farming career till the end!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jul 2021 at 11:20pm
YEP... Caseys is #1 in the midwest.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 3:26am
I don't know how wide spread they are but Jets Pizza is the best pizza around here.  Detroit has Buddies Pizza that is supposed to be great, but I've never had it.   I'll stop and get a couple Dominos if I'm in the area where they are.  For price, you can't beat the Costco supreme, large with everything for $7.99, and it is large.  They stopped making them when they closed down the cafe for the pandemic, but that is slowly coming back now. 

We now have Detroit Style pizza.  It's a thick crust pizza.  A good one, like Jets, will be at least 3/4" thick from the bottom of the crust to the top of the fixins.

Of course I keep a couple of Digiorno Rising Crust pizzas in the freezer in case of  emergency needs. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 5:59am
Do not care for the Fast Food style pizza shops, have two pizzerias within 5 and 25 miles that are all hand made fresh ingredients, prefer those to anything else.  Will do a Frozen 'Dogtown' pizza(Local STL) where near to any other the cardboard looks to have more flavor than the pizza. 
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 6:52am
I'm actually tired of Casey's Pizza it's not that it's not good pizza I'm just tired of it it's the only Pizza that we have in town right now. 
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 5:11pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

I don't know how wide spread they are but Jets Pizza is the best pizza around here.  Detroit has Buddies Pizza that is supposed to be great, but I've never had it.   I'll stop and get a couple Dominos if I'm in the area where they are.  For price, you can't beat the Costco supreme, large with everything for $7.99, and it is large.  They stopped making them when they closed down the cafe for the pandemic, but that is slowly coming back now. 

We now have Detroit Style pizza.  It's a thick crust pizza.  A good one, like Jets, will be at least 3/4" thick from the bottom of the crust to the top of the fixins.

Of course I keep a couple of Digiorno Rising Crust pizzas in the freezer in case of  emergency needs. 

There are 3 of the Jets places within 35 miles of home. There's also a BLAZE (sp?) pizza joint that makes pizza's to order (GOBS of topping/cheese/sauce choices) and then throw them in a true wood burning pizza oven for 4 minutes tops,it's within 1000 yards of ND University so getting in is a challenge at certain times of the year Wink.
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by D19allisowner D19allisowner wrote:

I'm actually tired of Casey's Pizza it's not that it's not good pizza I'm just tired of it it's the only Pizza that we have in town right now. 

I was too then wife brought home pizza hut, darn glad to get a Casey's one again.

I really like Pizza Ranch but I eat the fried chicken there, maybe they should change their name to Chicken Ranch. LOL
Maximum use of available resources!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2021 at 8:20pm
I've eaten a whole lot of Casey's pizza over the past 25 Years, bought it 1 piece at a time. Mostly while driving the tire service truck and now while traveling to the farmers markets, flea markets, and trade shows. I went to my grandsons birthday party at Pizza Ranch, had some Hawaiian pizza that was excellent, along with the pepperoni was also good.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic