This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

J.I.Case Comfort King ???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: J.I.Case Comfort King ???
    Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:21am
I get more and more frustrated with internet searches; for my part, they have become mostly useless.

I am seeking some simple information about 1960s-70s Case tractors and the "Comfort King" package.

I have had no luck finding a Case site comparable to this wonderful A/C site; hopefully, someone here can point me in the right direction or answer my questions directly.

Many Case models in the 30 Series had a completely different-looking "Comfort King" package; different fenders, different seat, relocated fuel tank, larger tires, etc.

I would like to know which year each model made the transition from plain old Case to Comfort King; or, was there an overlap. 

I am currently researching a Case 730 Comfort King; but, I run into this lack of information considering all models of the Comfort King.

The Comfort Kings are so completely different from their same-model counterparts that one would think they would be considered a different model; yet, I can find no definite breaking point in descriptions of the various models; and, even more confusing, there may have been overlaps in production.

Thanks for reading and all help is appreciated.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:41am
I worked for neighbor years ago who was ‘a Case guy’, he had a
600(wheatland)
830 comfort king
1030 comfort king
770 gasser
Unfortunately, I don’t know of a good Case site either. I will help you if I can.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:23am
There is a guy who often posts on yesterday's tractor under the handle case nutty. Has a big farm in upstate New York he farms nearly with only case equipment. I bet he could help
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:05am
Would TractorData help on the years and models ?

https://www.tractordata.com/farm-tractors/000/5/0/505-ji-case-930.html

Edited by steve(ill) - 13 Jul 2021 at 8:08am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:18am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:25am
AC7060IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AC7060IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:28am
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:18pm
try antiquetractors.com
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 5:56pm
Mechanic around here used to pull a Case diesel something used to say - CASE ON THE PLACE PUTS A SMILE ON YOUR FACE ,  yup i guess
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:14pm
i've heard at tractor pulls that if a Case or D21 show up, the others say they should just go back home! lol
BuckSkin View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BuckSkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 10:40pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

try antiquetractors.com

When I went to antiquetractors.com and clicked "Forums", it took me to Yesterday's Tractors.
I clicked "Log-in" and was surprised to see the username and password automatically filled in --- so, I must have already been a member.

I went to the Case section, posted my questions, and someone who seemed to know what they were talking about provided me with the elusive answers and solved the mysteries.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 6:58pm
cool! glad you got helped
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 7:06pm
You need to look on the YESTERDAYS TRACTORS site. They have a HUGE wealth of knowledge on their CASE forum Wink
I see that you've already been "hooked up"LOLLOL !! 
What I don't understand is why the ALLIS section is so "dead" compared to the Case/Oliver/IH sections ConfusedCry

Edited by FREEDGUY - 14 Jul 2021 at 7:10pm
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jul 2021 at 6:07am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

i've heard at tractor pulls that if a Case or D21 show up, the others say they should just go back home! lol
Only if the driver knows what they are doing. I was at Williams Grove and someone had a D21 Wheatland. Stayed late just to watch the D21. First try, gramppa gear = about 100 feet, didn't even pull it hard enough to make it smoke. Second try the same thing. I was so disappointed I when over to his trailer and asked him if he want someone to show him what to how to tractor pull? 
  Grampa gear is for WUSSES. My D10 will pull at over 10MPH.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic