This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Crop Observation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crop Observation
    Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:37pm
I've been driving the same route at the same week of the year from SW Michigan to the Orlando Florida area for the past 3 years in a row, skipped last year but went this year and saw the crops of corn/beans to be pretty close to 50/50 rotation, 60/40 at the worst. This year , it's 90/10 at best Confused. If all of the corn crop I saw from the 2200 mile round trip along the interstates yields decently, I can see $2 corn in the near future Ouch.
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:41pm
A lot of corn goes overseas to feed others... High demand most years.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 6:43pm
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2021 at 10:49pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I've been driving the same route at the same week of the year from SW Michigan to the Orlando Florida area for the past 3 years in a row, skipped last year but went this year and saw the crops of corn/beans to be pretty close to 50/50 rotation, 60/40 at the worst. This year , it's 90/10 at best Confused. If all of the corn crop I saw from the 2200 mile round trip along the interstates yields decently, I can see $2 corn in the near future Ouch.

Well if we're to believe the USDA, corn and bean acres are both slightly up in the last report, but I doubt it's 90/10 maybe it's just how the rotation is or looks along the road this year.  I've been told that they're predicting a 179bu corn crop and if it gets under 176 things are going to get tight.(and just 25 years ago 150 was big) Big move up today in corn and they're thinking it's because from central Ill west the corn belt is dry, but then again someone always needs to make a little on the boardWink.  Time will tell, and if they catch wind that someone  planted 2 extra rows of corn in their garden, they'll use it to run the price down to make a little there too, but in the end if it's short they'll pay and if it's a bin buster they'll steal it.
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 3:59am
Ag News this very morning noted drops in Wheat(down close to 40%) Millet(down close to 20%)with corn and soy yields to be hard hit due to the western drought and excess water in the midwestern states.

I am not seeing bumper crop year here.

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 9:07am
The way it rained this weekend and what they are calling for this week most of the wheat that's still in the fields around here in Ohio will be sprouting.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 6:03pm
Originally posted by Kansas99 Kansas99 wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

Well if we're to believe the USDA, corn and bean acres are both slightly up in the last report, but I doubt it's 90/10 maybe it's just how the rotation is or looks along the road this year.  I've been told that they're predicting a 179bu corn crop and if it gets under 176 things are going to get tight.(and just 25 years ago 150 was big) Big move up today in corn and they're thinking it's because from central Ill west the corn belt is dry, but then again someone always needs to make a little on the boardWink.  Time will tell, and if they catch wind that someone  planted 2 extra rows of corn in their garden, they'll use it to run the price down to make a little there too, but in the end if it's short they'll pay and if it's a bin buster they'll steal it.
Like I mentioned Kansas, this was my observation from the Interstate routes Big smile . Hopefully "someone" planted beans this season Wink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:02pm
I've been traveling in 2 states the past week. The corn and beans look terrible in the north half of this state and just as bad in the south 1/2 of Minnesota. Hoping those guys have something.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:05pm
Corn and soybeans in Northern Indiana and Ohio and Southern Michigan look great. The wheat crop that's left to harvest is in trouble if it doesn't quit raining!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jul 2021 at 8:06pm
The corn from Lafayette In and south looked pretty rough also until into Kentucky, There weren't many beans to be seen
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 9:55am
How can we have a above average crop this year ? The people not complaining about drought are worried about getting washed away.

Wink Oh that's right the happy people are keeping their mouth closed.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 4:16pm
Wink   Hug
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 5:04pm
Many as our renter are not complaining as they only crop up for Silage.
Wayne180d View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wayne180d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2021 at 11:09pm
Most of my neighbors here in east central Illinois are on a 50\50 crop rotation.  My farmer I help does it every year.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic