This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Pet Snake

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dee_veloper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pet Snake
    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 1:53pm

Venomous spitting cobra on the loose in Raleigh, North Carolina neighborhood. A highly venomous pet snake has escaped and remains on the loose in Raleigh, North Carolina.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/zebra-cobra-venomous-raleigh-north-carolina/

Let's be clear, there's no such thing as a poisonous "pet snake". 

Edited by dee_veloper - 30 Jun 2021 at 1:54pm
Don't confuse my personality with my attitude.
My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 2:19pm
Is crystal clear to me, sir!LOL
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 3:05pm
Pet Cobra,,,, well alrighty then, no home is complete without one.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 3:46pm
snake + 20 gauge = Thumbs Up
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 3:59pm
was never a doubt in my mind!
If I lived in Raleigh I'd be tempted to round up some neighbors with pitchforks and go have a visit wIth the genius keeping such an animal!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
ihc pickups View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ihc pickups Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:08pm
I agree with Lou.
Mike
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:25pm
Other than blacksnakes and garter snakes, and such, I say the only good snake is a dead snake!

Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
In all seriousness, wouldn't you have to pass a background check to own one?
Maximum use of available resources!
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:04pm
what do you do with a snake ? take it for a ride , walk , what
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 7:45pm
Keep reading about the kid,one of his OTHER pet snakes ( a Mamba ) put him in the hospital in March, and his parents let him keep these things? Why not let him play with nitro glycerin?? Maybe he's trying to impress the cheerleader squad?? The whole family is a bubble or two off.
JTOOL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JTOOL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jun 2021 at 8:36pm
You all know that there are only two kinds of snakes right? The ones that are dead and the ones that should be. That applies to spiders as well.
DaveKamp View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveKamp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2021 at 11:04pm
Indigenous snakes, venomous or not, should not be considered a problem... the continental US has the water-moccasin (cottonmouth), coral snakes, timber rattlers, diamondback rattlesnakes, great basin rattlesnakes, and many others, and they pose no significant threat to the general population or the ecosystem.  

"Exotic"... meaning NOT INDIGEONOUS, are a threat to the both the general population AND the continental ecosystem.  Cobra, Mambo, and many other 'exotics' are very serious.  Even moreso are the myriads of constrictors (pythons, etc) that have been set free to thrive in many areas of the southeast.

In the course of my occupation's circumstances, I deal with snakes of all sorts, in very state of the CONUS... and in the lower provences of Canada.  None of the indigenous varieties pose a danger, as long as they're not startled.  Water Moccasins tend to be more curious, aggressive, and territorial, and timber rattlers tend to be less reserved in 'wet-strike' attempts (in comparison to desert dwellers), probably due to reduced stress of a less arid environment... but it is most often I resolve a snake issue with thick jeans, boots, a forked stick and my welding gloves.

If I were to come across a mamba, or a spitting cobra, I would be using a much longer stick (my collapsable painter's pole is 15 feet) and my grinding shield.  A swift swing that crosses just below the head, will break a 'standing' snake's neck with ease.

I have yet to do it in the US, but other parts of the world warrant vigilence.

IMO, if the kid failed to keep his dangerous examples contained, those examples should be removed from his custody, and a probation sentence applied.
Ten Amendments, Ten Commandments, and one Golden Rule solve most every problem. Citrus hand-cleaner with Pumice does the rest.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by TomC TomC wrote:

Keep reading about the kid,one of his OTHER pet snakes ( a Mamba ) put him in the hospital in March, and his parents let him keep these things? Why not let him play with nitro glycerin?? Maybe he's trying to impress the cheerleader squad?? The whole family is a bubble or two off.
Tom, I'd say they more than likely DON'T EVEN HAVE and bubbles!! LOLAngry
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 5:16pm
Read today the COBRA has been captured. Owner charged with 40some misdemeanor violations and the state is one of 3 left with rules governing poisonous snake ownership
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jul 2021 at 11:16pm
I read online the other day about a guy in Austria who was bit on the tush by a snake owned by a neighbor in the apartment next door while he was sitting on the throne.  He called the cops as soon as he could and they discovered the guy owned over a dozen snakes, all non venomous,  but still not allowed in the apartment complex.
A friend of mine in jr high found one in their toilet just before he sat down.  They had a septic system and figured it got in the sewer pipe and followed it up the pipe. 
I always look before I set down..

Edited by JohnColo - 08 Jul 2021 at 11:18pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic