This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Dirt track racing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dirt track racing
    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 8:33pm
Watching some tonight . Boys are running hard. SRX series looks like its about 1/2 mile track.
Sponsored Links

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 10:09pm
Isn't it Eldora Tonight?
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jun 2021 at 11:14pm
I have not watched NASCAR in several years....well, except to catch maybe the last few laps on a few. I just lost interest, the long, high speed tracks was boring. 
I stumbled on the SRX last week, and really enjoyed watching racing ('stock car') as it was meant to be
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 6:37am
How do you find this?
Most local dirt tracks have closed near here.
I quit in 2005 and haven’t been to a local track since.
I have lost interest in nascar as well
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 9:09am
Dont know about the TV stations.... but they have most of the races recorded on You TUbe..

Watch it on the computer, or TV if your setup..

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 1:03pm
Ive never been into dirt tracks, but do luv Nascars super speedways- Daytona, Talladega, Texas- thats where the engine guys have to be spot on - 9000 rpm,s- running steady at 200 mph - hell yes

Edited by DougG - 27 Jun 2021 at 1:04pm
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2021 at 3:39pm
Dirt track Hobby Class in 1976/77, built our own cars from scratch and used existing bodies off old junkers for skins.

We enjoyed the racing then where today is all about big money and big sponsors.  First Place in a heat was usually $50, first place in final heat was often 2% of Gate and a small trophy, Second and third were never real money payouts.
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 8:58am
dirt tracks up here still race under wissota sanctioning. I used to run hobby stock back in the 80's its been replaced with the hornet class. pretty cheep to get into 4 CLY  car saftey equipment and run the authorized tire and your racing. back when I did it the tires were the only limit on the class.  everyone runs the same hooser tire in your class
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:01pm
I like When  the winged sprint cars come to town. They circle the 1/2 mile fairground track at times that calculate out to 120 mph. And the 1/4 mile track not much slower. Sideways thru the turns up against the cushion.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:36pm
Used to work on dirt track cars in the late 60s we had a 426 Hemi in the last one I worked on here in Ohio. At one time we ran Friday , Saturday & Sunday evening
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Dirt track Hobby Class in 1976/77, built our own cars from scratch and used existing bodies off old junkers for skins.

We enjoyed the racing then where today is all about big money and big sponsors.  First Place in a heat was usually $50, first place in final heat was often 2% of Gate and a small trophy, Second and third were never real money payouts.

Jeez!  Talk about big money, I don't think our local dirt track gives out that kind of prize money yet today. LOL  They run for the love of racing hereLOL  However when the 305 sprints show up it's ran buy a outside group that runs the circuit for the 305's , I'm sure they get a little more, at least enough to cover their gas if they win. Wink  Funny thing when they came with the 305's years back it was for people that didn't have the money to run with the big boys but, yep you guessed it after about one year they were throwing money at them left and right, now they pretty much run with a 360.  Years back when the outlaws were in Dodge City they were short one car for the A main so a local 13 year old kid with his 305 ran for a few laps in the feature with the outlaws, until he was a lap down.  His mom was setting right in front of me and sure was nervous, cause it took more than a few laps to put him one lap down before he coasted into the in field, that kid could flat drive it.  His mom sure was looking awful sweaty for a cool evening at a night race.LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 3:58pm
I started out on dirt and always loved it.  One of the best was a figure 8 track.  It was all about the driver back then, not so much the car.  WHAT FUN!!
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic