This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Hot today

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hot today
    Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 11:32pm
Was 101° here. Was using a round nose spade cutting thistles and real tall poison Hemlock this afternoon. Gots ta go down to moms again on Sunday. Gonna take the roundup and sprayer and get after the little hemlock. Funny thing, in Feb, the FSA office offered her $97.00 per acre to reinroll her farm in the crp. She was making $160.00 + on it for the past 10 years.   We turned them down, now they are sending her letters wanting her to reinroll it again. They won't tell us any kind of per acre figure. I told them we were going to a attornys next Tuesday and have them draw up a 3 year contract to rent it to a neighbor. They had till then to get us a figure. Gal said she'd call me tomorrow. I can't imagine putting it back in the program as mom will be 99 in August.
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 11:36am
YA! govt. now is going to make it not worth putting anything into crp, they want everything in crops so the extra volume will kill the grain prices! 
Just did get our crp in the 30 year sign-up here ---- it was on 10 year that expired last year. 30 year is new but price per acre is the same,---- just dont gotta jump thru the hoops every 10 years. I wont be alive in 30 years so good or bad its taken care of.
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:17pm
Tom, around these parts crp gets in at about $37 today, most ever was $50 but what was rough and ugly is pretty much now grass and any good ground is being tilled.

Hot and dry here as well. This is when you say come on get there! It’s not Iowa anymore.

Of course then the thank you from a little corn waiting at the end.

It’s really not that dry just pretty hot. The water line was showing in less then 4 hrs. Now when it takes 24 hrs+ for the water line to show it’s dry and the corn has lost a fair amount of yield

Got up to 107 yesterday here in death valley this was at 12:30 after lunch.   I would appreciate it if everyone could refrain from driving anything powered by a combustion engine until I’ve cooled off and you guys in New Mexico, OK panhandle and TX panhandle please shut your doors if you have your fans on because this 30+ mph sw wind isn’t helping anything either.    

And today finishing planting silage.

"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:25pm
Tom, the contract carries thru even if the owner dies...

boy just bought some ground and it has 10 year CRP starting last year.. He " inherits" the payments for the next 9 years... Helps pay for the ground.

Edited by steve(ill) - 18 Jun 2021 at 4:25pm
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 4:56pm
Why not farm this ground ? If the govert- payments are so cheap , farm it and claim a tax deduction - works GREAT !!
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:47pm
Doug I agree. I’ve never had any crp. I’ve broke out about 900 acres of it for landlords. In fact two pieces of it I’ve put terraces on free of charge for my landlords and refused guberment cost share because they will use a 1975 program model that’s one size fits all. Basically a terrace every foot of drop no matter how the land lays. I don’t need terd logic on something I’ve farmed 20 years. I put terraces on one piece that 20,000 feet fixed all the problems but gov says it needs 60,000 feet. I did it free for the landlords and if they would have hired someone the going price is $2 a foot. If they took 50/50 cost share from uncle sleepy they would have had to come up with $60,000. What I did stopped every washout and cost them 0. Oh and every terrace I put in was done at the NCRS office with advice from them and their layout. At NCRS they know their own boss(gov) don’t have a clue anymore.

I should correct myself on me having crp. I bought a couple pieces with crp on them that were sold because the contract was expiring and the owners couldn’t figure out what to do if they weren’t on the teet so they sold it. I broke out one and left one as grass.

Edited by Kansas99 - 18 Jun 2021 at 5:54pm
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic