This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Odd Sighting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Odd Sighting
    Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 6:30pm
On my way home from work this evening I drove through a section of an area that is Amish/ German Baptist . A farmer was pulling out of a hay field with a JD 6195R tractor with steel wheels on the front (FWA) and steel drive rears WITH mounted steel duals. Until today, the largest steel-wheeled tractor I've seen "here" was an IH 856 Smile.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 7:28pm
And your point is?
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2021 at 8:34pm
Amish train blocking your path to the liquor store, tonight?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 4:14am
Mennonites demand they always be grounded to the Earth where they will use steel wheel machines or steel tracked machines, not seen Amish around here use anything but animal power.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 5:06am
Amish do what the Bishop says. In our area we have Old Order and New Order. Old Order can't have tops on their buggies and only stationary power units or ground driven equipment. New Order can have tops on the buggies,horse pulled powered equipment,cell phones and some clans in Indiana and Michigan have Tractors with rubber tires. Mennonite's have everything the English have just practice a different religion. The Amish refer to everyone else as English.

Edited by klinemar - 17 Jun 2021 at 5:07am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 3:00pm
That's the same in Ohio

mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 3:23pm
Around here Mennonites have different things. I think they call it different stripes. Ones by our cabin have steel wheeled tractors and implements. Also saw steel wheeled zero turns. They have electricity and water as we do. But no vehicles. Horse and buggy. I have worked for some that have everything as we do only dress differently. Some Amish can use electricity but can't buy it off the grid. Wish they would clean up their road apples!!!
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Lars(wi) Lars(wi) wrote:

And your point is?
It's odd to see a 200 HP machine with MORE electronics on/in it than "they" are allowed to have in their houses/barns WinkWink
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by DiyDave DiyDave wrote:

No Curly , nothing blocking my path to anywhere Wink. BTW, you 3 stooges NEVER answered my OP about how long a train can be; legally or otherwise WinkWink !! You guys just "assumed" I was complaining about the length ClapClap.
None of the 3 stooges are very good at info anymore unless it comes from YT LOLLOLLOL
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:52pm
Try 'Looking It Up' is a serious response to a guy that tries inadequately then expects someone else to find it for him.
TomC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 6:54pm
I don't believe there are any kind of laws either state or federal that say how long a train can be, if the railroad has the engines to pull it & stop it they can be as long as needed to move the freight.
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 7:14pm
I have seen Mennonites with cell phones and computers. They weren't hiding them either so I guess they could have them. Never have seen an Amish with a tractor though.
Everything is impossible until someone does it! WD45-trip loader 1947 c w/woods belly mower, 1939 B, #3 sickle mower 1944 B, 2 1948 G's. Misc other equipment that my wife calls JUNK!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 7:46pm
I always wondered what Amish women do.  When the Amish get married the man grows a beard.  So what do you expect the women grow?

I think the questions posed here by everyone are fine.  I think the immature posters need to grow up.  If they don't want to answer respectfully then they should just move on!  Why do you have to act so childish?  This ain't grade school!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 7:51pm
Originally posted by DMiller DMiller wrote:

Try 'Looking It Up' is a serious response to a guy that tries inadequately then expects someone else to find it for him.
I don't recall ever asking anyone to "look it up", I thought "maybe" someone on here had first hand knowledge of that information. All of you guys have ALL of the answers in the political forum WinkClap !!!
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jun 2021 at 9:47pm
As for the trains, check with your local municipality. I doubt there is a uniform law concerning this. Also what do you consider a ‘blocked crossing’? Some municipalities don’t consider the crossing ‘blocked’ if the train is in motion.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
truckerfarmer View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote truckerfarmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:45am
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

No Curly , nothing blocking my path to anywhere Wink. BTW, you 3 stooges NEVER answered my OP about how long a train can be; legally or otherwise WinkWink !! You guys just "assumed" I was complaining about the length ClapClap.
None of the 3 stooges are very good at info anymore unless it comes from YT LOLLOLLOL

And that right there is why you get smart@$$ comments.

I have held my tongue for some time, but I'm done with it. You come here and call other members names and belittle them for posting a YouTube video in the political section, then drag it over into other areas of the forum.
Your comment about the Amish having a new tractor, come off like you don't think they should have something that nice. A bit racist are you?
And you come on here at least once a year ranting that motorcycles shouldn't be allowed on the road, offending some of our members that collect motorcycles. You want to do that, take it over to Facebook. It is to be expected there, we don't need that cr@p here.
A lot of the posts you make would be answered by simply Googling yourself.
You come off as either a 14 year old punk, or someone that gets their jollies from stirring things up, and irritating people.

GROW UP!

Let the 'I know you are, but what am I' commence.
Looking at the past to see the future.
'53 WD, '53 WD45, WD snap coupler field cultivator, #53 plow,'53 HD5B dozer

Duct tape.... Can't fix stupidity. But will muffle the sound of it!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:18am
I agree with you Truck farmer. He says he wasn't complaining about the trains, but the way it read to me, he was. The post that set the tone for me was when he laughed about forcing a bicyclist off the road. I realize they can be a pain sometimes, but I still  don't think it funny to cause injury or death. 
all that said, it is difficult to to articulate oneself at times via typing vs speaking in person, so there is that, too.
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 6:31am
Guys, he's doing it to get a rise out of everybody. Everytime we react to it he gets exactly what he's looking for.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:07am
One too many beers has a lot to do with it also !
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Clay View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Clay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 9:44am
I heard the it takes two Mennonite to satisfy an Amish woman.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:07pm
Originally posted by Clay Clay wrote:

I heard the it takes two Mennonite to satisfy an Amish woman.

LOLLOL  Good one!!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
mdm1 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdm1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 12:18pm
Took a minute! Clap
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 5:45pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

One too many beers has a lot to do with it also !

Man. you're gonna get in trouble, he'll call you a stooge.  I got curly locked up, so you'll have to be either larry or moe!  Methinks the drunken name caller wouldn't make a b rated stooge, like shemp or curley joe!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 7:47pm
Originally posted by truckerfarmer truckerfarmer wrote:

Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

And that right there is why you get smart@$$ comments.

I have held my tongue for some time, but I'm done with it. You come here and call other members names and belittle them for posting a YouTube video in the political section, then drag it over into other areas of the forum.
Your comment about the Amish having a new tractor, come off like you don't think they should have something that nice. A bit racist are you?
And you come on here at least once a year ranting that motorcycles shouldn't be allowed on the road, offending some of our members that collect motorcycles. You want to do that, take it over to Facebook. It is to be expected there, we don't need that cr@p here.
A lot of the posts you make would be answered by simply Googling yourself.
You come off as either a 14 year old punk, or someone that gets their jollies from stirring things up, and irritating people.

GROW UP!

Let the 'I know you are, but what am I' commence.
Like I mentioned earlier, my questions are geared towards "hopefully" someone that has first hand knowledge Confused . I have never asked anyone to "go out of their way" to look up an answer for me LOL !! On the flip side, I've looked up/posted multiple part #'s  off of the APB site(because I enjoy sharing knowledge) for posters on here Wink
Have a good Fathers Day guys
dr p View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr p Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2021 at 8:08pm
This Is why desert Joe left
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic