This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fuel Gauge/Reminder Message ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Gauge/Reminder Message ?
    Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 5:31pm
Is it just my '05 F250 that takes "forever" to raise the needle and de-activate the "chime" after filling up or are they all like this ? Sadly, I've let the buggy get to the point of the chime/message come on, but it takes a day for the needle to climb and the message to stop Ouch .
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 5:42pm
A day? Wow!! I would venture to say that's not normal.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
It's done this since I've owned it (5 years) and even the shop that replaced the fuel pump mentioned the issue AFTER the installation of a new pump Wink.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 6:09pm
reprogram the *&^& computer to deactivate the *(&*&^& chime.....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 6:34pm
Definitely not normal. You should see the needle move while you are filling the tank, that is if you have the ignition on during fueling
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 6:50pm
I've found that it takes about 5 "toggles" of the key switch to get the needle where it needs to be after fueling Wink. It's only a phenomenon when it get's low on fuel and the message appears on the dash, if caught a "little" sooner, no quirks Big smile . I thought maybe they all did this Embarrassed. I need to be more prudent on my fuel level LOL. Thanks guys 

Edited by FREEDGUY - 04 Jun 2021 at 6:51pm
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 7:34pm
If you can find where the alarm is wired you might check for loose/bad connections. Just a thought
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 1:01am
don't be a female...keep your tanks full! (Thad tolt me to say this)!
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

don't be a female...keep your tanks full! (Thad tolt me to say this)!

LMAO Big smileBig smile
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:22pm
Sadly, in this environment, that's not an option for me Cry. I'm NOT  a retired /pension/ SSC earning citizen Wink 
Not sure where to post my thoughts on the  "PENSIONS" ??

Edited by FREEDGUY - 05 Jun 2021 at 5:26pm
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 5:55pm
I noticed mine did that if I didn't shut the engine off while fueling, Ford, 350 diesel.  Did it once when it was colder than Billy Hell then again to see if it would do it again.  Didn't take a full day though, hour or so.
Maximum use of available resources!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 11:00pm
should clear on one cycle of the key.... not sure what a fuel signal has to do with Social Security ??
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic