This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

It must be nice to have dreams !

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: It must be nice to have dreams !
    Posted: 30 May 2021 at 6:54am
I guess this guy thinks he might actually sell this planter plate on Ebay for $99.

Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 8:34am
I look around Fleabay on occasion and Craigslist too, then if something catches my eye will go review possible other avenues to purchase.  Many times the Ebay or CL ad is well above double what the normal parts house or local scrap yard will sell the same materials for.

Point of note, guy had 'drops' for sale, steel cutoffs he had evidently collected for some time as due to rusted condition but were touted as 'Newer' pieces.  Wanted some $500 for a pile of odds and ends, that later dropped to $300 and still listed, was when scrap was going for $95/t, he had less than 1000 lbs.

Same for 'Scrap' tractors, "Ran when Parked" and otherwise worn slicker than a new marble where threaten to sell for scrap as KNOW can get THOUSANDS for the machine.  Point in fact a d4 on the N West Coast sitting in the rain forest of WA, tracks junk, engine open to weather, nothing of viability and NOT running but demanded a 'Antique' pricetag of $6500 or will sell for scrap, ad disappears only to reappear a few months later with same photos.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 8:54am
dont know the value, but it is not a "standard" corn plate..... Its a dealer sample / test plate............  maybe more collectable ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:14am
Wow, that’s not what dreams are about, mine are of my wife, and myself,,err,,, never mind.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 10:52am
Not sure what it is worth but each seed slot appears to be a different size so you can select the proper plates for your planter. It is not intended to be used in a planter, just to select plate size??
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 3:09pm
Maybe someone should offer him $5.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 3:42pm
I was thinking of offering 99 cents, but, with my luck, he would take it and I would have to pay the shipping.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 4:09pm
It is a TOOL... not a planter plate.

Edited by steve(ill) - 30 May 2021 at 4:11pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 4:18pm
looks like they normally bring about $15.  ... see a couple more on GOOGLE.

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 7:40pm
Yes; Correctly that is a  "Sizing plate" 1 of 2 there should be a second one to complete the set. I have a couple sets, so I'm rich right?
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic