This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Lost my furry friend last night

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Lost my furry friend last night
    Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:17am
I’ve had Festus Hagen for 16 happy years.
He’s been a wonderful blessing in my life.
Sponsored Links

DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:21am
Always a very sad day when we lose our adopted 'children', they become as much family as having real children and are as much a heart ache when they have to go home.

Prayers for your Furry Friend and you as well for comfort.
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 5:40am
Sorry for your lost they grow on us reel quick
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:45am
Sorry Thad, sad day indeed.  Sounds like you're remembering the good times, which is as it should be.  Seems he had a long happy life, just a painful fact they don't live as long as we do.  Been through that 3 times in the last 13 years, sucked each and every time!  Best wishes buddy.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:37am
Thad,  Sorry for your loss.  It is always very painful.  You just have to concentrate on all of the good memories, and smile. After a while you can get you a new baby, and start spoiling it like you have done to all of the past ones.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:44am
Thad, sorry to hear of your loss too. 
  Need to get yourself a new Festus Hagen II .

He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Tad Wicks View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tad Wicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:05am
I am so sorry to hear of your loss, our furry loved ones become such an integral part of our lives, they are there with us, good times and bad, and always at the ready to do what they do best.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:34am
Thad, sorry to hear about your loss. Our fur babies become part of our family and it hurts to lose them. Prayers for comfort and that you will find another one at the right time to shower your love on.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 12:18pm
Sorry for your loss Thad. Never an easy thing to go through
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 6:03pm
I truly appreciate each of you guys.
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:03pm
Baxter Black always gives comfort when one looses a friend!http://youtu.be/tkL9PoOABPE

Edited by klinemar - 20 May 2021 at 8:04pm
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 8:27pm
Thad, sorry for your loss! Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 10:43pm
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

I’ve had Festus Hagen for 16 happy years.
He’s been a wonderful blessing in my life.

I am so sorry. It is awefully hard speaking from experience.
Prayers.
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:22pm
I feel your loss Buddy.  It is a hard thing and takes time to recognize how blessed we were with them being in our lives.  A new pup will make the transition a lot easier....WinkThey are ALWAYS there for us, never mad and only demanding a pat on the head and a kind word.

PS.....we ALL want pics of the new pup when you get it.

Edited by Ted J - 21 May 2021 at 10:23pm
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 12:45am
sorry to hear about you losing your buddy! i know it hurts. i'm still looking for another white golden pup after losing my big ole gal this last spring. we need pics of past and hopefully soon present
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 6:18am
Thad,
 Sorry to hear that. They sure are part of the family.
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
Alberta Phil View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alberta Phil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 10:02am
Sorry to hear that, Thad.  They certainly are a family member and become very well loved, which makes it difficult when it's time for them to go.  Been down the same road many times.  As others have said, give it a little time, then provide a loving home for a new furry friend.  There's one out there for you!
wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 10:53am
16 years is a good amount of time. You can't ask for much more time than that with a dog. Still sucks and I'm sorry to hear that.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic