This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

ALERT: RE MY EMAIL

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALERT: RE MY EMAIL
    Posted: 16 May 2021 at 3:21am

Well,,I did not get very far but I wanted to alert those that have sent me emails before that my desertJoe Email has been Hacked from Facebook Marketplace or thru the Marketplace,,!  Some of my Email contacts have been receiving requests for gift cards and some requests for any response. Should you receive any email from desert joe,,,Please delete ASAP!  I am working with Microsoft  to secure my Microsoft and outlook.com accounts as well as Facebook for theirs. The three accounts are locked to all the previous passwords till we get this straightened out,,,THEN,,I'm going Hacker Hunting. Ya'll take care.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 4:59am
Thanks for the heads up, Joe. Hope all is well in your part of the world.
Looking forward to more of your post’s.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 6:56am
Another reason to dump faceplant and still glad I am off it.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2021 at 9:50am
Bad to hear that Joe.  HOPE THE HACKERS GET SMOKED. 
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 6:20pm
Probably just Shameless giving him a hard time for quitting the forum!

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:06pm
gonna hafta call him and "explain"  a few things!
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 9:27am

Well,,I'll tell ya'll,,I knew I wouldn't get very far,,,cause I just LOVE alla ya'll too friggin much and I enjoy the conversations and good natured bs'ing here,,,PLUS ole Shameless has got to have somebody to chew out,,,,,,Wink
 I just got off the phone with Microsoft technicians for the 3rd session in as many days,,!!  They were able to do a "Remote Access" to my PC and go in and identify and root out all the BS the hacker(s) did to my Email. MS also changed my security settings to prevent a re-occuring of the hack. The tech told me I could request a "report" of what the Microsoft Investigation Group discovers from their investigations. MS does NOT take kindly to hackers messing with their products AND customers machines. MS took screenshots of all the attempts to gain access that include the IP address that originated from,,,,,,,,,, Canada.
 At this point, I have no idea which of all the emails I have received from my friends here were actually OK but at the recommedation of Microsoft Tech, I had to delete them to start from scratch as some came thru with my "OLD" address,,,,,and the opening message was flagged by the MS tech,,,,WHAT THE HECK,,,???????
 I now have all new passwords for Microsoft, my two Other email, facebook Marketplace, Yesterday's Tractors, that I think will be quite secure,,,,,,they are all at least 27 charactors long with the dangest arrangements of letters, numbers and even some ole Webster himself ain't seen before,,,,,!!! The Microsoft tech thought that was funnier than chit,,,,
 SOOooo, to all those that might of sent me an Email, I have kept my old address and sure hope ya'll re-send them,,,, ya'll know how I likes to talk,,,,,
 DO NOT EVER OPEN ANY EMAIL YOU DO NOT RECOGNIZE WHO ITS FROM,,,,,MUCH LESS THOSE FROM PRETTY GIRLS WITH THEM SUGGESTIVE "COO COO WORDS"
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2021 at 11:36am
So did that first paragraph mean you're back?

I'm pretty sure you were the first one to "allow" (include) me into a conversation here and it would be weird without ole Joe

Edited by thendrix - 20 May 2021 at 11:36am
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 10:40pm
See what kinda chit happens when I'm not on here for a while!!  WTH is going on?
We've got Les back and Joe is missing?  This ain't even funny guys......

Joe, I KNOW your pain.... I had to spend about a week on the phone with them many  wonderfuls people on accounta my wife opened something she shouldn't have.

IF you suspect ANY email, just delete it and then write a NEW email to the person who sent it to you if you really want to know. 

HOVER your cursor on the persons name who sent it to you.  It should give you the address where it came from.  Be wary!!  Better to be safe and delete something than spend a week talking to a geek...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 11:14pm
Now that I've got up to speed,,,,,,,,,Joe,,,,,,,,,we've GOT to have you on here!!  You make every day (that I'm on here) enjoyable, fun, enlightening, and someone I want to meet in person!!
Remember, there are bad eggs in every chicken coop.  Just turn up your nose and make the rest of us love ya even more.  You can turn the other cheek,,,,,,,,,,but watch out, Shameless will kiss ya for sure!!

Thad said it best,,,,,,
"Joe I wouldn’t know you if you walked in my door right now but yet I consider you a very dear friend. I truly hope you feel the same and I believe you do.
I’m speaking as a construction worker at the moment. We’re a rough cut batch we’re rude and crude and we say things we shouldn’t through this we become thick skinned and callous. Not a good way to be but it happens. I’ve been a sinner all my life . Forgiveness is my only hope in this life and sure enough my only hope to move on in to the next life. The greatest gift ever given to me is forgiveness and I pray I to shall be a forgiven as I have been forgiven.
When someone does me in a way which is wrong I try to consider the source and don’t give any value to the opinion of that source. If it’s someone of whom I do value their opinion well then I pray for the ability to forgive that person.
It doesn’t come natural for a fat Irish one eyed redneck but it’s what is expected of me and the only thing that will set my ill feelings free and bring peace to my heart.
Love ya brother"

I feel the same way about not only you, but a LOT of the great people on here.  There have been some that I just don't even read what they say anymore.  It's easier that way.

So,,,,,,,,,,,as a fat Irish blue eyed redneck, WELCOME back buddy!!
psssssstt...what do I have to do to get your email??  I'm groveling, does that work? LOL
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 5:31pm
Sorry you feel that way about me, Ted, LOL!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic