This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Planter Monitors

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Planter Monitors
    Posted: 12 May 2021 at 6:28pm
I stopped in to a friend of mine that rents his 30 acres to a local BTO that is also a good neighbor of decades of my friend. The tenant pulled into the property this morning to start planting corn with a GREEN (color is NOT an issue with this post) 24/30 centerfill pulled by a GREEN tractor , the BTO normally ran a blue  N/H on a White planter until they changed to the deere planter and ended up buying a deere tractor to pull it because of "communication" issues between green and blue Confused. The point of my topic is, the landlord went out to the field to ride a few rounds with the operator/owner of the BTO and was frazzled beyond belief according to my friend, there were constant alarms/flashing lights/chirps and occasional "horrendous" jerks of the steering Cry . The BTO said this has been the WORST planting season as far as electronic glitches that they've ever had in 15 years.
My dad was "overwhelmed" with the CompuTrac 100 monitor on the JD 4/30 behind the 180 Big smileBig smile, he would probably be dead of a coranary if he had to put up with all of this new-fangled monitoring systems Wink.
Sponsored Links

plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:08pm
He must have left the door open too long and got dust in them lectronics.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:28pm
If i had just bought a new JD with a planter and it ran like chit... I would tell the Dealer to come and get it or FIX IT.... Dont pay the bills...and KEEP THE DOOR SHUT !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by plummerscarin plummerscarin wrote:

He must have left the door open too long and got dust in them lectronics.

It's been too wet for dust in the cab "here" WinkWink
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 9:59pm
Originally posted by FREEDGUY FREEDGUY wrote:

I stopped in to a friend of mine that rents his 30 acres to a local BTO that is also a good neighbor of decades of my friend. The tenant pulled into the property this morning to start planting corn with a GREEN (color is NOT an issue with this post) 24/30 centerfill pulled by a GREEN tractor , the BTO normally ran a blue  N/H on a White planter until they changed to the deere planter and ended up buying a deere tractor to pull it because of "communication" issues between green and blue Confused. The point of my topic is, the landlord went out to the field to ride a few rounds with the operator/owner of the BTO and was frazzled beyond belief according to my friend, there were constant alarms/flashing lights/chirps and occasional "horrendous" jerks of the steering Cry . The BTO said this has been the WORST planting season as far as electronic glitches that they've ever had in 15 years.
My dad was "overwhelmed" with the CompuTrac 100 monitor on the JD 4/30 behind the 180 Big smileBig smile, he would probably be dead of a coranary if he had to put up with all of this new-fangled monitoring systems Wink.

"The BTO said this has been the WORST planting season as far as electronic glitches that they've ever had in 15 years."

Tell your friend that if those are the only problems he had with is JD tractor and planter to consider himself lucky because it might be the best planting season he'll ever have until they leave the farm. Wink LOL

Actually that's not a joke my older brother used to custom plant and had 2 Deere planters and one Deere tractor.  Wow was that special!!  All of his equipment is now Red and he gave up planting to fly a spray plane.  I think those years with Deere equipment must have made him suicidal. LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 5:34am
1) ok, I gotta ask...'whats BTO' mean, asid from Bachman,Turner, Overdrive....?
2) it always 'upsets' me that ANY 'electronics' designed for 'farm use' fails... 4+ decades ago I designed/built a 'computer' to toss 'prills' or 'pellets' of chemicals froma  huge friggin hopper on a logskidder.did 1,000s of acres  down east..fast,slow, up hill, down..it always put xx#/acre so I KNOW you can make 'computers' farm tough.

Jay
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:47am
Originally posted by jaybmiller jaybmiller wrote:

1) ok, I gotta ask...'whats BTO' mean, asid from Bachman,Turner, Overdrive....?
2) it always 'upsets' me that ANY 'electronics' designed for 'farm use' fails... 4+ decades ago I designed/built a 'computer' to toss 'prills' or 'pellets' of chemicals froma  huge friggin hopper on a logskidder.did 1,000s of acres  down east..fast,slow, up hill, down..it always put xx#/acre so I KNOW you can make 'computers' farm tough.

Jay
1) Big Time Operator.....a term of endearment thrown at people's farm operations that is perceived by others to be bigger than it should be over an arbitrary threshold.

2)Yes.  I've made stuff that works too. I'm not sure of the actual rig in this situation, but I had a friend help me out planting a couple years ago with an awesome JD tractor and brand spanking new JD planter with all the steering, monitoring, etc.  We got to one small field (I had to ride along, was like a kid in a candy store!), and he simply said, "This field is kind of small, we'll just do this manually."  And shut all that stuff off and planted old school.  Seems that's the way to go, have the tech there if you want it, but be able to shut it off and just go if you want.  Kinda like that pipeline out east.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:48am
"Color is NOT an issue with this post", he says, after putting colors in all caps and rambling on about color for the first 75% of the post.LOL
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Tbone95 Tbone95 wrote:

"Color is NOT an issue with this post", he says, after putting colors in all caps and rambling on about color for the first 75% of the post.LOL

I mixed in MULTIPLE colors, green,blue and red (White planter) , red being the reason the green showed up Cry
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 9:01pm
I no nothing about todays modern marvels for planting. I have an early 90's 2200 Kinzie but the thing I see alot in the last 2 years is late model red and greene pulling Blue planters. What drives that? Price? Many of these Kinzies are not center fill so convenience is not it. Jus seems odd.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 10:16pm
Steve around my area I see mostly Deere planters. But I do see some blue. I am 30 minutes from the Kinze plant. Some might depend on price? Some might depend on who the close dealer is that can get things to work like they are supposed to!

Edited by allischalmerguy - 13 May 2021 at 10:17pm
It is great being a disciple of Jesus! 1950 WD, 1957 D17...retired in Iowa,
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 6:07pm
Around "here" , 70% of the planters are green, 15% Kinze and 15% CIH Confused .
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic