This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

NOT my new ride

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NOT my new ride
    Posted: 07 May 2021 at 5:51am
Had a chance to see the new battery powered stang Ford's going to lose their shirts on. Brother drove a loaded one here yesterday, $73K Canucks.His gig is to get cars, test drive, write reports,aside from 'great accelleration' ,he's not impressed. I couldn't see ANYTHING good about the 'E MACH' stang, though it has TWO trunks. Info screen is as big as  puter screen on it's side(actually blocks view...), Glass roof,no sunshade, so A/C will be on a LOT(great to kill battery). don't look like a stang...maybe a 4 door Taurus ? 'Should' get 400Km(240 miles) on a charge( without A/C though....), basic 'plug in the wall' cord takes 50 HOURS to recharge. Upgrade to a 240V charger...MUST be installed by a Ford certified sparky ! Did like the 4WD, motors on all corners aspect but $$$$ to fix anything.TONS of plastic everywhere,yuck.
At least it was assembled in Mexico..though I get a LOT of parts were NOT MAde in North America
When sale's tank, it'll give Ford the excuse to close Oakville(refit for ecars) for good, stay in Mexico.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Sponsored Links

Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:55am
Yea the style doesnt do much for me.
Thanks for the report. I doubt I will ever own a E car?
 Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:15am
yeah, brother had  chevy Bolt last week. it was 'ok' BUT you can buy a fully loaded Jap vehicle, keep 10K in your pocket and  NOT have to find an extension cord when stuck on the highway......

someone 'did the math'  and if Ontario went 1/2 ecars, the ENTIRE hydro grid would go 'poof'.

PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 1:24pm
You forgot to mention the FAKE engine noise that comes with the E Musrat. Like that would get me to buy the P.O.C. Thumbs Down Also, when did a Musrat ever have 4 doors Confused

Edited by PaulB - 07 May 2021 at 1:26pm
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 5:25pm
Maybe they gots an upgrade sound system, like a clothespin and a baseball card, to rattle against the spokes?Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:57pm
FORD like others , builds cars and trucks based on what PEOPLE WANT and WILL BUY... Most of us are not in that catagory...  Their sales are above expectations and taking business from TESLA..... lots sold in Calif !

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:51am
the 'frunk'

Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 5:58am
the 'infocenter'....it's 15" tall....
It ain't a MUSTANG...don't look like one and I had 4 1967s,still have a hardtop....
if, IF , they'd made a 'retro 67' or 69 style then they'd sell but no one my age wants it, not at $73000 Canucks ! Heck at that price point , I can buy a southern mint '67, and enough tankers of gas to drive it until I die and STILL have tons of money in the bank.

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 8:54am
Jay, they already made a "RETRO" Mustang, Camaro, and Barracuda several years ago.. Already been done for the "OLD GUYS".... This new "electric" is for the new younger guys... Like you said, YOU would not buy one.... $42,000. in the USA and dont forget, SLEEPY will give you $7000. INCENTIVE (rebate)  to GO GREEN !!! ......... what a BUY !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 9:42am
How long before the "Bolt" becomes known as the "Dolt"?

Can't seen any use for these beyond a quick run to the store or short commute to work. Basically, a luxury golf cart. Anything beyond that is gonna be a huge step backwards from what we drive now.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic