This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Perry Mason rerun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Perry Mason rerun
    Posted: 06 May 2021 at 7:17am
     We were watching an old episode of Perry Mason last night. The story involved a contractor and showed for a few seconds an AC dozer and an AC earth mover. They didn't show much of either machine but you could plainly see that they were AC. Wonder if the machinery brand was coincidence or if AC paid to have theirs in the movie. 
     I like to watch what is in the background of the old movies, especially the pre 1960 ones. Lots of old cars, busses, machinery, signs and other stuff. The old gas stations are interesting too. 
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 9:06am
Allis was a BIG company in the lat 1950s..... seeing one of theirs on the TV would be the same as seeing a Chevy or Ford truck in the background today..

1950s[edit]

An Allis-Chalmers HD-15A bulldozer
An Allis-Chalmers Model D15 tractor

The 1950s were a time of great demand for more power in farm tractors, as well as greater capability from their hydraulic and electrical systems. It was also a decade of extensive dieselization, from railroad locomotives to farm tractors and construction equipment. In 1953, Allis-Chalmers acquired the Buda Engine Company of Harvey, Illinois. Allis wanted Buda for its line of diesel engines,[27][28] because its previous supplier, Detroit Diesel, was a division of General Motors, whose recent acquisition of the Euclid heavy equipment company now made it a competitor of Allis-Chalmers for construction equipment business.[28] The Buda-Lanova models were re-christened the "Allis-Chalmers Diesel" engine line. Diesel engineers were busy during the following years updating[27] and expanding the line.

In 1952, the company acquired Laplant-Choate,[29] which added various models of scrapers to its construction equipment line.

In 1953, the WD-45 was introduced, replacing the WD. The motor was increased to 226 cubic inches, giving it 30 horsepower on the drawbar at the Nebraska Tests.[30] This was almost double the horsepower of the WD.[31] A new Allis chalmers designed Snap- Coupler hitch was used.[25] It allowed the operator to hook up to an implement from the seat of the tractor. A Buda diesel-powered WD-45 was introduced in 1955. This series stayed in production until the unveiling of the D-series in 1957.

In 1955, the company acquired Gleaner Manufacturing Company, which was an important move for its combine harvester business. Allis was the market leader in pull-type (tractor-drawn) combines, with its All-Crop Harvester line. But acquiring Gleaner meant that it would now also be a leader in self-propelled machines, and it would own two of the leading brands in combines. The Gleaner line augmented (and later superseded) the All-Crop Harvester line, and for several years Gleaner's profits made up nearly all of Allis-Chalmers' profit.[32] Gleaners continued to be manufactured at the same factory, in Independence, Missouri, after the acquisition.

In 1957, the Allis-Chalmers D Series of tractors was introduced. It enjoyed great success over the next decade.

In 1959, Allis-Chalmers acquired the French company Vendeuvre. Also in 1959, it acquired Tractomotive Corporation of Deerfield, Illinois, which it had been partnering with as an auxiliary equipment supplier for at least a decade.[28]

Edited by steve(ill) - 06 May 2021 at 9:09am
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 5:34pm
Originally posted by ac hunter ac hunter wrote:

We were watching an old episode of Perry Mason last night. The story involved a contractor and showed for a few seconds an AC dozer and an AC earth mover. They didn't show much of either machine but you could plainly see that they were AC. Wonder if the machinery brand was coincidence or if AC paid to have theirs in the movie. 
     I like to watch what is in the background of the old movies, especially the pre 1960 ones. Lots of old cars, busses, machinery, signs and other stuff. The old gas stations are interesting too. 

There's another Cameo of AC equipment, on the original Hawaii Five 0, show had a guy running a AC crawler into the dynamite shack!Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2021 at 9:09pm
Hawaii 5-0 and Perry Mason.  Man I miss those shows!  Having A-C equipment in them is just one more reason to like them.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 5:29am
great  now I've got the PM theme running in my head
sigh, life seemed simpler back in B&W dayze.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 3:32pm
I get to watch Perry Mason twice a day.  Once at 8am and again at 10:30pm.  It's on METV.  Available through just an antenna.  ALL the OLD shows, B&W....Watching "Tales off Wells Fargo" while doing this....
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:20pm
Another one I forgot- all creatures great and small on pbs, the scene of a nicely painted AC B in the cow yard, at hobbs's place.  Can't recall the title of the episode, but it had Callum sticking his arm up a cow's arse...Wink
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 5:42pm
great ..now I got the PM theme in my head again..... !!!
lotta nice old cars/trucks on the show....
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 5:55pm
Don't know if anyone watches "Mid summer Murders" on PBS.  Can't say I've seen any AC's but often there's an older Ford or Ferguson in the background.  It must have been pretty low budget as often the vehicles the bad and good guys drove were the same ones from a few episodes earlier.  I think if I lived in such a place, I'd move, every week a few more people get whacked in the most interesting ways but they always catch the bad guy in the end.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic