This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Headed for What Cheer Flea MKT Wed

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Headed for What Cheer Flea MKT Wed
    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:23pm
Old gal has got me loading up to head out between 10:00 and noon on Wed the 28th. Spent most of the afternoon putting labels on honey. Gotta get a back/neck treatment tomorrow. Hurting like heck tonight. Gotta call from an guy we have known for years. He told me my Grandfathers/Grandmothers wedding certificate was hanging on the west wall of an antique shop in Des Moines. I was able to pick it up this afternoon. Its from Feb 1916. The shop owner is the second or third owner of the shop. He said it was hanging on the wall when he took over the shop, he had no idea where it came from. Gotta get it framed, possiabily use UV resistant glass. Might find a frame at the flea MKT.
Sponsored Links

wjohn View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:19pm
Never been to the flea market but I was through What Cheer a few times. It was apparently quite the town back in the coal/clay days from what I found in my research.
1939 B, 1940 B, 1941 WC, 1951 WD, 1952 CA, 1956 WD-45
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 10:51pm
maybe the weather will be hot so you can see some eye candy?
D19allisowner View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D19allisowner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 4:25pm
I was wondering what the going rate was for fleas now days?Wink
If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 3:23am
going thru some memorabilia, we found a half used ration booklet that my mom used during the second big one.

Nice find. Kinda reminds me of the old saying, "just goes to show you, a blind squirrel can always find an acorn."  Wink
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:04pm
Well we got here and set up. Dad rat it, I am cold. Gots my hooded sweatshirt on. Cloudy and a sprinkle every 45 minutes. I thought we'd be cuttin a fat hog by getting here a day early, wrong, ya gotta get here 2 days early. If you dont these guys have a tendency to put their junk a foot or so out in the lanes. Makes it hard to get into the spot. What Cheer was a great little town 75 -90 years ago, coal mines, RR came thru downtown, they gots a opera house, apparently had quite a few saloons at one time. If yous guys and me gets to Hutch this year someone's gotta lead me thru posting pictures on this site. I'd be glad to post some real perties for old shameless and it won't be that dang snow hes always a going on about. 2 Colleges not too far away. When they start up, in the past, them gals almost over take the place buying decorations for their dorm rooms. I far I bought a big box of lead wheel weights to go with my electronic wheel balancer at home. I almost never ride in the old gals van so I off balances them tires just to keep her shook up some. I shouldn't do that, she bitches about way too much stuff the way it is.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 6:03pm
Wind has been blowing like heck outta the west all day. You dont suppose ol you know who has shut off the snow and just turned on the blower? We haven't lost anything yet. Neighbors slide out on his motor home won't stay out. Looks like this dang wind has pretty much destroyed the canvas roof over it. Old gal and I drove the goof cart to the new Dollar General store in town, 3 blocks outta the front gate. Town is less than 800 people and this store is twice as big as the one they made in our town of 5-6000 folks. Got bitched at comming back for not using hand signals to turn in the front gate.
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:37am
Got home a day early. Old gal run out of product. I had 4 bottles of honey left. She had 2 or 3 beer breads, 3 sour cream dips left and 1 0r 2 wine mixes left. Worked like a dog getting ready for this, then sell dang near everything she made. It's time for a good hot shower, shave and a nap. Dont call me, I'll call you.
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 10:45am
" Dont call me, I'll call you. "
 Is that what you tole the old gal?
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2021 at 10:02pm
No by the time I gots the chores done she was snorein on the couch. She hurt her dang knee again, gonna have to have some surgery on it me thinks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic