This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Stock & Field

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Stock & Field
    Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 7:55pm
It was announced earlier this weekend that the franchise will be re opening some (if not all) of their shuttered stores in the next few weeks.
Sponsored Links

ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:21pm
I heard RP lumber bought them!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:35pm
EDWARDSVILLE, Ill. (WMBD) — R.P. Acquisition Corporation, a subsidiary of R.P. Lumber Co., Inc., has announced its pending acquisition of the assets of the Stock+Field family of stores and plans to begin operations under new management in April.

The stores will retain the Stock+Field name, and continue to operate in the farm and ranch space, according to a press release, and 1,000 midwest jobs will be saved.

Founded in Watseka in 1964 as Big R Stores, Stock+Field is a farm, home, and outdoor retail brand that has grown to include 25 stores in Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan, and Wisconsin. In January, the company filed for bankruptcy and announced plans to close all of its stores.

Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 9:42pm
I’ll be darned, I lived in Wisconsin until 2013, and I never heard of them.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 3:59pm
I'm in Michigan and never heard of them.
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 7:08pm
Not to change the subject "much", but do any of you recall Fleet Supply stores or Quality Farm & Fleet ? We also had a BIG BLUE store in Plymouth IN. in the '70's Smile
Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Apr 2021 at 8:12pm
Blaine’s Farm & Fleet, Mills Fleet Farm (the Blaine family and Mills family are related).
Central Tractor
Those were the ones I remember growing up in southern Wisconsin.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 7:39am
Never heard of them either.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 8:29am
They only have 3-4 stores PER STATE... Normally one per random city... So it would be very easy to never hear or see one.

Actually Michigan only has ONE in Michigan City north of Detroit.. Couple on N Indiana.

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 Apr 2021 at 8:33am
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:59am
Michigan City, MI???  Michigan City, IN is "B" on your map image.
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

They only have 3-4 stores PER STATE... Normally one per random city... So it would be very easy to never hear or see one.

Actually Michigan only has ONE in Michigan City north of Detroit.. Couple on N Indiana.

Thanks for the map WITH map dots, but what stores are you referring to ?
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 7:55pm
I remember Quality Farm and Fleet. We had two stores in nearby towns. One in Adrian and Coldwater. The first Tractor Supply store I went to was in Lansing. That was many years ago! Now we have TSC,Family Farm and Home,Blaines Farm and Fleet and across the border in Angola Indiana Rural King.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2021 at 9:01pm
Something is odd... When i type in BIGR.com it goes to a site that says "the following Stock and Field stores will open shortly" ........I know there is a BIG R store in Springfield Illinois that NEVER CLOSED, open today, and does NOT say Stock and Field ??? So were part of them " sold" or part of them "closed" ??

Here is the list of "Stock and Field" according to BIGR.

Edited by steve(ill) - 28 Apr 2021 at 9:02pm
farmboy520 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farmboy520 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 10:01am
The Big R stores in Springfield, Lincoln, and Taylorville are owned by the same people but are different than the Stock and Field group. The ones in Springfield and Lincoln have always been a little different.   
On the farm: Agco Allis 9695, 7060, 7010, R66, Farmall H, and Farmall F20 (Great Grandpa's)
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2021 at 7:24pm
There are/were/ still 2 Big R's/ Stock&Fields in ELKHART IN., both of which are in old KMart buildings
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic