This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

utv

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: utv
    Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 1:45pm
need opinions on different brands of utv's the good the bad. thanks
Sponsored Links

thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 2:44pm
We've got an intimidator 2500 truck. It's made by the same people that make bad boy mowers. Kohler diesel, low/high hydrostatic, 4wd, 6 ft bed with folding sides. 800 miles and no problems so far. Mama and my in-laws both have kubota 1100's. They're fine machines but you pay for the orange.
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
plummerscarin View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote plummerscarin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 7:13pm
Just got a Ranger as that was what my accountant wanted. Moved wood piles left from storm cleanup. The box is small and frequently overload it but like it well so far. Cousin has a Club Car with diesel engine. The box is twice as big and is power tilt. He would have nothing else after owning a New Holland and a Bobcat
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 7:28pm
Kubota RTV 900 is like another tractor to me. Stack firewood as high as the cab. Skid small trees out of the woods. Wife uses it to clean flower beds and yard work. My hunting ride for Deer and Turkeys. Diesel engine uses very little fuel. 25mph road speed is fast enough for me.
Gary(MO) View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary(MO) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 8:23pm
I have an American Landmaster(Landstar 550) 4wheel drive with locking rearend. It has B/S  engine. It started when it was 18 below zero this past feb. I only have about 20 hours on it and it has preformed great. Boys used it deer hunting last fall and it crossed farm fields in the mud where trucks could not go. It is also American built. It runs between 25 and 28 mph. Which for an old guy like me is great. 
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 8:39pm
I also have a Kubota RTV900. The main knocks you will hear or read on them are hard shifting, which is caused by people too smart to read the owners manual and that they are slow, which they are if you consider 25 MPH as slow. They will haul a huge load, dump it and do it day after day on a very small amount of fuel. I have never seen anything new I would trade for my 13 year old RTV,, except another one.

Edited by Butch(OH) - 28 Mar 2021 at 8:40pm
Dirt Farmer View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dirt Farmer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 10:30pm
We had a 2017 Polaris Ranger 900, first electrical issues then just into the second year the engine gave up, replaced it with a reman engine. Broke in and ran for 2 hours/10 miles then traded it for a 2019 Honda Pioneer before it left me walking again. Neighbor had the same luck with his too. The Polaris rode smoother over rough terrain but wasnt the most reliable whereas the Honda has been very reliable and really like the way it shifts and handles any task we have performed. Both machines are capable of 50 plus mph which is important to us as we want to get there and get to work. Good luck with whatever you choose. Better decide soon as wont be long and the mushrooms will be popping up. Handy as a pocket on a shirt for getting out to the timber for finding them morsels.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2021 at 11:13pm
Don't buy one at a big box store.  I've looked at Lowes, Rural King and TSC and they are all way to under powered for anything other than driving around on level ground.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2021 at 3:40am
i see wally world has one now, dunno what brand, prolly china made, does have a front winch. no price tag on it when i seen it, sat outside all winter in the elements. prolly costs more than it's worth!
Jim NEIN View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jim NEIN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2021 at 7:49pm
I bought the American Landmaster L7.There built 30 miles from my house in Columbia City IN. they gave us a tour of the factory was very impressed.Thanks for all the replys
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic