This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Anybody use a NOCO Boost?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anybody use a NOCO Boost?
    Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:14pm
I'm tired of these jump starters that don't last, get a couple uses out of them then they don't hold a charge.  Been looking at the GB40 or 50 to use starting tractors or an occasional small vehicle.  I was told that the NOCO was the brand to get but also was told that the technology isn't quite there yet to spend $75-140 on one.  Do any of you use one or other lithium ion jump starters?
Maximum use of available resources!
Sponsored Links

Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:58pm
I have a couple of them they work good but if you leave them in a cold vehicle you might as well not have it they loose power bad in the cold. My Schumacher 1200 amp booster air compressor power supply works better. I do plug it in after every use for about a day then unplug till next time I need it.
studer automotive View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote studer automotive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:00pm
We bought one at the ford dealer I work at. We love it. I actually bought one for at home
a-c 185-d y/r cab turbo soon
99 f-250 7.3 4x4
86 mustang5.0 owned since 8/93              
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 8:24pm
i've carried one in our motorhome every time we traveled, never had to use it, but it was there if needed, the same one was used on the farm, i kept it plugged in when ever not being used, it lasted about 4 years. it was one of the first ones on the market back then, and i think i paid about $69.00 for it at Sam's club. i currently do not have one, but prolly will pick one up this summer. our Sheriff's dept had one, batteries were always going dead in cruisers, they'd leave the puters on in them. they left it plugged in all the time too, so far it's still going...going on 7-8 years. it's a larger one but don't recall the name of it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic