This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Delete old photos

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Delete old photos
    Posted: 13 Mar 2021 at 11:07pm
all your old pictures are stored in File Manager... I am trying to DELETE some of the stuff that is a year or two old.. I can do one at a time to DELETE... has anyone figured out how to delete MULTIPLE files at once  ?   I tried SHIFT, CONTROL, ALTER... no way to pick multiple ?
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Sponsored Links

Ron(AB) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron(AB) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:05am
shift and command?
405, 7000, 7050, 8050, 8070, L3, 2300 & 2600 disk
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 4:59am

Just gotta be careful, Steve,,,that you don't choose "Delete All" like I did once in your PM's file,,,,,,WinkWink
 When you DO figure it out,,,pass it along as I want to do like wise,,,,Clap
Grayray View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grayray Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 6:02am
Click on one of the files you want to delete to select it, but do not delete it yet.  It should be highlighted.  Now hold down the Ctrl key while clicking on any additional files you want to delete. (Maybe only do 2 or 3 as a test first).  Release the Ctrl key and then right click on any of the highlighted files and a menu should pop up.  Click on delete and this should delete all the highlighted files.

If you delete one by accident, you can recover it by going to the Recycle Bin and restore it.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 7:16am
If you want to delete a 'line' of them....
press and hold 'shift' down,
press left mouse button..
move mouse to LAST one to delete..
release 'shift ' key.
now  all from 1st to last file is highlighted blue....these are the 'selected' files..
press 'delete' key, chose 'yes' to delete....
done.

now, when in file manage,and inthe folder of photos.....
if you click on 'date' header, the files(photos) will be sorted in date order( oldest to newest), click 'date' again, they're newest to oldest......
if you 'sort' then oldest first, it'll be easier to select and delete the ones you want to trash...... OK, they'll be in the recycle bin (still on harddrive), 'empty' the recycle bin and they're really gone, well sort of... it is possible to get them back for awhile,though....

Edited by jaybmiller - 14 Mar 2021 at 7:21am
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:30am
yea, all those are great ideas if you are working ON YOUR COMPUTER FILE MANAGER... I am on the ALLIS SITE with photos stored on DARINs SERVER... you can only choose ONE file or photo at a time. As soon as you click on a second file, the first is UNhighlighted.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 9:53am
Originally posted by steve(ill) steve(ill) wrote:

yea, all those are great ideas if you are working ON YOUR COMPUTER FILE MANAGER... I am on the ALLIS SITE with photos stored on DARINs SERVER... you can only choose ONE file or photo at a time. As soon as you click on a second file, the first is UNhighlighted.

Yep,,that is what happens when I triied to delete some of my older pics,,,finally just quit trying,,,and pics just keep piling up,,,,,Wink
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 10:58am
sigh..... should said you were on THIS site trying to get rid of pictures....I 'assumed' you meant a PC.......
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 1:40pm
Seems like when you delete an old picture, in a couple days you will be wishing you hadn't done that... or you run across older threads your looking at and there are blank images because somebody deleted their photos....  Disapprove
  I have an external HD that I keep pics and documents on and categorized in family, farm, tractors - crawlers, sunsets, politics, and a host of other folders and pics on there, even a folder labeled, AC forum.  LOL  That one contains stuff i don't want to lose ... but sadly I did not get smart quick enough to archive some threads from the political section since they disappear after so many months.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 5:25pm
YEP... got plenty of photos on my HARD DRIVE... Been on the ALLIS site for 11-12 years and put a photo in a post a couple times a week... Probably 500- 1000 photos in MY ALBUM... Dont need all that space taken up on Darins Server.... and "my allotment " is about full..... I would keep the old tractors for "looking back", but from 2009 - 2010 etc is TOO far back... and i posted a daily graph of COVID for 6 months !  Dont need that any more... Made a lot of fun of the bummer and Hellery... both GONE now.. time to clean up... I can do one at a time, but will take forever.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 7:05am
Maybe ask Darrin real nice if he has a way to do it for ya?  
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2021 at 8:23am
yes.... looking into that.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic