This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Vacation!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vacation!
    Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 7:44pm
been a few years, quite a few since we bin on vacation, but my loving bride presented me with week tickets to Oshkosh this year! I suppose I will have to stay away from the flea market area!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 10:09pm
vacation? VACATION??? you been on vacation all the years i've knowed you! PffffT!
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Mar 2021 at 11:21pm
Is that for the Aero Show?

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 1:49am
I hope it's not for next week, seems like it will still be pretty chilly up there!
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Mar 2021 at 7:56pm
Brother in law goes there every year. He actually owns a couple of airplanes. I guess he uses them to check his crops among other things.
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

vacation? VACATION??? you been on vacation all the years i've knowed you! PffffT!  
LOL, that's just 'cause I be a profeshunal! I can make work look like vacation!
Wait for the Lord;
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2021 at 4:57pm
yes, the air show, last week of july
Wait for the Lord;
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 12:00am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

You will havta get some cheese and cheese curds and some Spotted Cow beer.  I didn't know you had a plane!  Enjoy your flight.  Flying over Lake MI is a real thrill, especially if you only got one engine!  If you're driving, you could drive up to Ludington MI and take the car ferry across to WI.  That'd be another nice addition to a vacation.  Have fun!
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2021 at 2:41pm
Originally posted by john(MI) john(MI) wrote:

You will havta get some cheese and cheese curds and some Spotted Cow beer.  I didn't know you had a plane!  Enjoy your flight.  Flying over Lake MI is a real thrill, especially if you only got one engine!  If you're driving, you could drive up to Ludington MI and take the car ferry across to WI.  That'd be another nice addition to a vacation.  Have fun!

I don't have a plane, we are driving up. I doubt I would get my bride in a plane again. she is not keen on little planes in the first place, and years ago....many years ago, when I was still a student, I took her on a dual cross country, had a couple 'less than perfect' landings, and had a near miss with a clown that was not where he was supposed to be, or said he was. she decided she never wanted to do that again!
(it was real close! instructor was PO'd beyond belief)
Wait for the Lord;
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 1:14pm
Are you going to go up and around by Lake Superior?   Oshkosh just 235 se from this place. Wink
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by OwGr33 OwGr33 wrote:

I also want to go on vacation this year. I haven't decided where to go yet. What can you recommend? I want to go somewhere where I can enjoy beautiful nature, swim in the lake, go hiking in the mountains. A friend gave me the contacts of a travel company that helped him organize his vacation and advised me to tell them all my wishes. I read about this company vacaytrends.com, and I think that's what I'll do. In any case, it's nice to go on vacation, knowing that in the event of some unforeseen circumstance, you have somewhere to turn for help. It makes it so much easier for me to relax and enjoy the ride.

SPAM REPORTEDThumbs Down
Source: Babylon Bee. Sponsored by BRAWNDO, its got what you need!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by JC(WI) JC(WI) wrote:

Are you going to go up and around by Lake Superior?   Oshkosh just 235 se from this place. Wink
Not sure yet JC, still in discussion. One thing is for sure, I really do not want to deal with the mistake on the lake, Chicago. and anyways, I'm not welcome in the land of Kanooks

Edited by LouSWPA - 18 May 2021 at 10:35pm
Wait for the Lord;
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:08am
Well, if you do go up by Lake Superior, up through MI, you'll likely pass about 25 miles by me, be sure and at LEAST wave as ya' go by.  Or stop by for a coffee.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2021 at 7:57am
I'm 1-1/2 miles off I-69 exit 66. Anyone going by is welcome to stop. We even have room to park a RV for over night.

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 7:45pm
The Skyway makes for some interesting sights going through Chicago as long as your not driving. Your up there with the El trains looking down on streets and buildings, best done at nite.
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:13pm
the only way im going thru Chit-cago at NIGHT is in an armored car with twin 50 cal guns on the HOOD !! Wink
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Walker View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:30pm
If I remember right its on the south side but the Skyway made the fear part worthwhile. It's just like a multilane interstate running east and west up high. Other than stray bullets and bungholing the vehicle in front of you not much to worry about.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 9:43pm
Well now lou,,,,,,,,IF you plan this out ahead of time, you can make it to Hutch on the 23rd thru the 25th. Big smile The GOTO is also there this year, so it'll REALLY be a lot of fun! Wink I for one would be pleased and glad to meet you face to face after all these years!! Clap

All you gotta do is say yes, give us her cell phone number and we'll all help you out!  Honest!! ConfusedLOLConfusedOuch
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 4:01pm
Hey, You guys failed to mention that there are two ferries that cross lake Michigan!
neither are cheap, but, it gets me past Illinois/Chicago, I can relax, and saves two or three hrs of driving!
Wait for the Lord;
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 5:18pm
Anyone traveling through Michigan on I-69, I'm a couple miles south of exit 66 on I-69, you are welcome to stop and take a break. If your traveling with an RV we have a lot of room you could even park for the night.

Dusty  
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 7:37pm
Ted, Dusty, both of you are very kind. I wont make Hutch, although that is on my bucket list in the future. I'll be retiring next year, and wont need to concern myself with schedules.
Another of the things on my bucket list is to drive to Oregon to visit the evergreen(i think) museum to see the Spruce Goose. Anyways, Dusty, Ted thanks for the offer.
Wait for the Lord;
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 8:21pm
Lou, You won't be concerned with schedules??? Grand kids always have scheduals and then every day I gots ta ask the old gal what her dang schedule is, or I should rephrase that! "What the heck have you got me doing today"!!! Am I delivering stuff or building sumpting. Hardly gets a chance to mow the dang lawn. A whole lot of time my nap is not just interrupted, I just don't get one. And that is despicable. Any way, What ever you do or have time to do, HAVE FUN.
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 6:54am

Hey, You guys failed to mention that there are two ferries that cross lake Michigan!
neither are cheap, but, it gets me past Illinois/Chicago, I can relax, and saves two or three hrs of driving!
Back in the days when my Mom was a little girl, her Dad and Grandpa both worked for the RR, that owned and operated the ferries.  They were riding over 1 day, my mom, maybe 7-9 years old, got put in the pilot house and steered the boat. A picture was taken of her, wearing the captain hat and whole shabam, cute as can be.  From that day, she was nicknamed "Skipper" or "Skip.

While in Milwaukee on the same trip......her Grandpa was driving.  Milwaukee a whole lot bigger and busier than home was.  Came to a busy intersection, traffic cop making all kinds of signals, her poor grandpa didn't have a clue what to do.  Her dad(his son) in the passenger seat trying to interpret the orders.....Ol' Grandpa got ticked, got out of the car and walked up to the cop and said, "If you want to move the S.O.B., YOU move it!LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic