This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Tips
    Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:17pm
We been to a couple restaurants and because of the lock down we tipped a whole lot more than we used to.  These people really seem to be busting their butt to take care of patrons.  We appreciate the very great service and feel their needs are great right now trying to come out of this with their heads above water.  I sure hope if you can you increase your tips for these people.  I think, financially, they have been hit the hardest.
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Sponsored Links

steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 6:20pm
I have been doing the same.. even for Pick Up service..."MOST" seem to be working hard.. There is always a portion that just seem to be LOST... or dont care.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:39pm
John and Steve, I agree with both of you. Being a server (gender neutral term) is a tough job so when they do a good job I try to tip them well. One of my pet peeves is the after church crowd that leaves a gospel tract and a measly tip. My heavenly Father owns the cattle 0n a thousand hills so I try to represent Him well. I have heard numerous servers say these are some of their worst customers. Okay, I'll shut up now.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:53am
I’ve always tried to tip well.
My momma taught me to.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 5:55am
I generously reward good service.

Poor service, that is not the server's fault, not so much !
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:00am
I'm not going to any restaurant until 33 days after the 'no masks required' order is lifted.
I don't see that happening any time soon in Canada...maybe, MAYBE Fall of 2022.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 6:42am
I've always been a pretty decent tipper I think, not over the top, and yes now with current circumstances, I've upped the tip, they could sure use the help.
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:23am
I got one thing to tell these vultures "Learn how to type " . LOL Just joking guys . Heard that in a movie once. My first job was a busboy/ dishwasher at Dennys when I was 16 . Wow would those servers be pissed when they were jipped. I always tip more than I should, even with bad service. They are being taxed for the tip weather you leave it or not. Wouldn't want that job dealing with the general public for all the money in the world.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 9:40am
Went to local Mexican Rest a couple weeks ago.. Place was 100% PACKED !! ( maybe 200 people) ... Waiter did a great job, considering all the people............. Last weekend stopped at Buffalo Wild wings in the "big city"... there restrictions were 30% capacity ( maybe 50 people)... same number of workers... Took for ever to get the girl to bring the check after we ate... and only 1/3 of the tables full.
Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 10:14pm
So what is the rest of the story Steve?  Confused

Should that kind of service be rewarded?

Just wondering.  I don't think so.

Edited by Dave H - 03 Mar 2021 at 10:15pm
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:41am
YEA, i tipped her pretty good anyway. Figured they were way down on tips due to only 30% capacity..... Just saying, a lot of them figure they are OWED it just being there.. A lot could try harder in my opinion.
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 9:06am
Anyone remember what T.I.P. stands for?  I don't.
  Originally it was only giving when the waitress had to go beyond what was normal, maybe someone spilled something and made a big mess.   
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 10:40am
If you are not happy with the service - 15%

If you are pleased - 20%

Nowadays - 30 - 40% minimum.

If you don't get good service and leave a lousy tip, you are hurting every worker in the place.  They pool the tips and some of it is given to the cooks, bussers, bar staff and anyone else that is not involved in getting tips.

If you are sitting at the bar you tip $1 per drink, minimum. 
D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:44pm
I have NEVER heard of anyone tipping 40%  ......... i dont think this is standard practice.

If you don't get good service and leave a lousy tip, you are hurting every worker in the place
Well, wouldn't that be the POINT, to try to TEACH them something ??

Edited by steve(ill) - 04 Mar 2021 at 12:47pm
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 12:46pm
It is unfortunate sometimes you can go to a a place where 1 server is taking good care of 10 tables and the next server struggles with 2. I don't want to be pestered but i do like to get the attention of a server if you want your water refilled. And I don't have a problem if they ask if you need anything at the end of the meal and then hand me the check right away. I hate waiting after I am done for the check, sometimes after eating a person has plans to be somewhere else. You can usually tell which  servers are trying. When you go to a local establishment and get your regular gal they get a good tip and the ones down at the truck stop the food is good there and the servers hustle there butts off there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic