This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I must be

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I must be
    Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:43pm
in big trouble!!! Got a call yesterday, local cell phone number, and the gal on the other end said customs had intercepted a shipment of drugs addressed to me and to push "2" to talk to an agent. Not real busy at the time so I pushed "2" and the foreign sounding agent hung up on me when I asked him if it was the coke shipment or the meth shipment.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
Sponsored Links

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 9:51pm

OK,now,,right up front,,should any G-men be listening in,,I DO NOT KNOW THIS "hUBERT" INDIVIDUAL, NOR DO i ASSOCIATE WITH HIM in any way shape or form,,,and,,,and,,he,,,he may be a commie in disguise and maybe even part roooskie for all I know,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  (just kiddin Hubert),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,LOLLOLLOL
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm
hahahaha! that call sounds interesting! way back in the late 70's, our Sheriff office got a NCIC/NCIS terminal installed. i was playing on it one night and got into something really deep that i'm pretty sure i wasn't sposed to be into, that was according to the call i recieved from the Feds that same night! i would have pushed #2 too! good job! 
Dakota Dave View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dakota Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 10:14pm
I got the same call today except they didn't even have a real person just an automated computer voice. It It
It
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 4:41am
Well I feel better cause they decided to give me one more final chance to extend my cars warranty again.
thendrix View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thendrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:53am
I've had several calls saying there's been a federal crime connected to my social security number. Never have pushed 1 but I might next time just to see. Had a call the other day from a middle eastern sounding woman asking if my property was for sale. I asked her if there was a sign at the end of the driveway and she said she didn't know. I asked her what made her think it was for sale (with some extra frill and dressing) and she didn't let me get all the way through my question before hanging up. I may offer it next time for about $10M and just see what reaction I get
"Farming is a business that makes a Las Vegas craps table look like a regular paycheck" Ronald Reagan
klinemar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klinemar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 6:05am
I got a call the other day about signing up for Medicare. I told the gal I am 37 and she hung up on me! I also have had phone calls about arrest warrants in my name from the Federal Reserve,IRS,Social Security and expecting one from NASA next!
festus51 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote festus51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 7:37am
Hubert ,  Now that was funny!
We the unwilling Led by the unqualified Doing the impossible for the Ungrateful
weiner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote weiner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:41am
I get them all the time on extending my warrentee and I always say yes and they send me off to another person that wants to know all about my truck and when that ask how many miles I hve on it I say  838,437 miles and then I hear "click"
Real heros wear dogtags, not capes.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 2:51pm
I took a cue from somebody on here about that warranty crap and when they start asking I tell em I'd love to extend it on my 39 Dodge half ton.  Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,click...
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Ray54 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ray54 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:10pm
We must have finally really Wink ticked the foreigners off 3 weeks ago. They put us on speed dial had 16 calls from the same bunch in one day. My wife got real friendly with a guy that picked up after she pushed 1. Then the next day had a 12 more by noon when they finally stopped.

The latest one charged us $400 for fixing are cloud security, and since nobody answered that one we need to call them to dispute the charges. But since we have nothing with a cloud that I know about Wink  I guess we wait for the bill to get here.

Edited by Ray54 - 03 Mar 2021 at 10:35am
Kansas99 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kansas99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by Ted J Ted J wrote:

I took a cue from somebody on here about that warranty crap and when they start asking I tell em I'd love to extend it on my 39 Dodge half ton.  Yep,,,,,,,,,,,,click...

Just goes to show you even the warranting companies can't afford the repairs on a Dodge. Wink LOL
"LET"S GO BRANDON!!"
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Mar 2021 at 8:51pm
I got a call telling me the warentee thru GM was expiring and needed to send them 35.oo to keep it in force. We are traveling in the future so I bought the GM extended warentee, covers everything in the power train including all seals etc. I called the dealership. They told me it was a hoax just to get my credit card number.
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Mar 2021 at 8:46pm
I got a call this morning saying my new I phone was ready to ship for $699.  Didn't push any button except disconnect.  Got a call this afternoon from someone from the "loan department", didn't listen to that one either.  Few weeks ago got a call from some real estate type asking if I wanted to sell my farm.  I asked what did they want it for, told me to put houses on it.  Told him in a less then pleasant way that if he would look at the property map he would see there is a conservation easement on it which means it can't have houses on it.  Lazy people!  Should have said Sure, I'll sell it, One Million Bucks!

TimNearFortWorth View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TimNearFortWorth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:20am
Received a letter in the mail about a year ago stating they wanted to pay cash and take care of all closing costs for my place. Receive letters all the time from Dallas or Houston with offers to buy my "raw land" but this one had the old style sticker for the return address and it was from only 3 or 4 miles away, and the letter was "hand written".
I am curious and wanted to know what someone might offer so I call the guy who says he wants to build a nice home on the back of my property and keep my smaller (built in late 90's) brick home for one of his offspring.
Then it get's interesting as he says he is a retired real estate broker who still has his license and can write the contract himself. I smell a rat and tell him I am not interested but maybe down the road as if they keep developing all around me with the "MacMansions" they are building, I maybe would sell in 3-5 years as my place has increased in value greatly since buying it in 2013. Knowing the guy wants to likely part my place out just to build multiple homes as a developer, I tell him I am busy and not interested at the time.
He then starts blowing my phone up with messages while begging to come in and "take a look". I call him back a week later to shut this down and he is excited that I called, wants to come visit NOW and I tell him he has not even mentioned a price as yet while reiterating I am not interested in selling at this time. I also let him know that I have made a few calls, know how many realtors he has worked for in the area and at his age of mid 70's, he has no intention of building a home for himself on the back of my property as mentioned in his first "pitch".
He then get's real aggressive stating he is "ready to offer $250K today, but his offer is good for today only". I then tell him that the game is up as his offer is only $200K short and let him know that although his letter was a good attempt at making it appear hand written, that it did not take much to find the small watermark code on his original letter with a magnifying glass while using a flashlight behind it.
Guy loses it and ask's me "who the hell are you to command that much money for that place?" My response was simple, and told him "I'm the guy that f***'in owns it!" and hung up. Never heard from him again.

As for info gathering BS, had the chance to use my old standby just the other day at Staples. Checking out with printer cartridges, gal at the checkout asks for my phone number first, before ringing up my sale. I simply smiled and said "why, are we going on a date?" Guy restocking shelves right behind her starts laughing loudly and comes over to introduce himself as the store manager, chuckling as he says he has never heard that one used before.

The "genie is out of the bottle" with scumbag tactics used by crooks that have purchased our info, the info that lobbyists have made sure to pay off our politicians so this ability is slid into loopholes in the laws that politicians vote for while lining their own pockets . . . . .
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 6:31am
re: I simply smiled and said "why, are we going on a date?"

NICE, once(if ?) covid goes away and store open up I GOTTA use that line !!

it's truly priceless !!!!
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic