This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

How much snow

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How much snow
    Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 9:41am
     Are you all getting? I expected to get up to several inches here about 40 miles NE of Columbus, Ohio but only maybe a half inch so far with 25 degrees and a nice NE breeze. Hasn't snowed any since daylight. Swept the walk off and looks like we got just a little freezing rain sometime before the snow. Probably pretty well off compared to some of you, at least so far. Hope all are OK.
Sponsored Links

Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:01am
So far, only about 1".  But we're supposed to get 6-10" later today/tonight.  I hope the weatherman is wrong and we don't get that much.  Thanks, Shameless...
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:07am
About 6” and -2 in North West Arkansas
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:16am
Close to 4" here, expecting more Wednesday.  Dry crystalline snow blows like dust as is only 4 degrees F currently.  Drifting with winds we are seeing.
WF owner View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WF owner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 10:48am
6" - 12" forecast for our area, starting in the early morning hours. We have somewhere around 18" on the ground now.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 12:22pm
4 to 6 total here---it aint the snow that is the problem---its the damn  30 mph winds and below zero temp. thats the problem!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 1:46pm
We have 4 or 5" of snow on the ground, got a inch this morning and calling for 8 - 12" tonight stating around 4:00 PM then changing to freezing rain around 10:00 PM. Won't be a night safe for man or beast if it all happens.
Coke-in-MN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Coke-in-MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 2:57pm
NONE  - in last 5 or 6 days to cold to snow - well about 1/2" in 2 days
Went over Sat Night to make sure church parking lot was clean as had not been out of house for a few days . 
 Running plow over full lot took about 15 minutes and hardly had enough to make a wind row of snow when done 
 Now the snow a week before took me 2 hours to plow off same area and one before that was 3 hours with the truck . 
Faith isn't a jump in the dark. It is a walk in the light. Faith is not guessing; it is knowing something.
"Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2021 at 3:59pm
Last couple hours turned on for awhile

At a close 7" mark now

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 6:25am
Danged if I know here in central IL.

Peeked out on the back deck and the wind piled it as high as the picnic table

Tried a little plow out yesterday but only lasted a few minutes on the open station.

Cancelled my dental appt for today.

As long as this furnace keeps growling, I think we will make it.  Confused
Sugarmaker View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarmaker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 7:11am
Folks,
 Not too much overnight. Maybe 2-6 inches? 
Should be in good shape as long as power stays on.
Told the wife we might have to huddle around the propane ventless heater in the shop if the power went out.
Old enough that we lived out on the farm during the winter of 77/78 storm/s. If we had that now the news would just shut down the world!:) It was a bad winter, for snow and cold. I believe we had over a month where it never got above freezing. Wind and heavy snows that year just crippled the highway systems. Tested everything we owned. Glad we were young and didn't know any better!
Regards,
 Chris
D17 1958 (NFE), WD45 1954 (NFE), WD 1952 (NFE), WD 1950 (WFE), Allis F-40 forklift, Allis CA, Allis D14, Ford Jubilee, Many IH Cub Cadets, 32 Ford Dump, 65 Comet.
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 8:54am
We got between 8 and 12 inches with another 8 forecast for tonight. Near record snowfall for Oklahoma. It's a dry powder snow, which is something I've never seen. We always get a heavy wet snow with layers of ice. 
We've been below freezing for over a week, which is another rarity here. Been having highs around 3-5 degrees the last couple days, but supposed to get back up to 60 next week. 

Edited by CrestonM - 16 Feb 2021 at 8:57am
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 3:23pm
We got between 4 & 6" snow has a glazed look to it but wasn't crusty like freezing rain went through. Sun has been out most of the day got around 20 today. Calling for more Thursday & Friday.
Brian F(IL) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian F(IL) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 3:29pm
We ended up getting between 8" and 10".  Plowed snow most of the morning and done for now.  Supposed to be 32* by the weekend so hopefully some of it will start melting.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 3:49pm
Our Total was just at 8", wind drifted it as much as 18" deep along the Drive and around the buildings.  I dragged off the drive but the stuff is like fluid and rolls back in dry powdery, yet not hard to drive through.
john(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote john(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:08pm
10" here in SE MI.  Some of it I had to raise the blower and drive over it and then back up and lower it to get the rest.  It was a fun time on the tractor.  I'll probably go over and do the neighbors tomorrow, they are in FL until March.  It's a fun time on the tractor.

D14, D17, 5020, 612H, CASE 446
FREEDGUY View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FREEDGUY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 5:38pm
Possibly 6" of new snow but hard to tell with the drifts of 2' Confused.
ac hunter View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac hunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2021 at 10:15pm
Creston, Your report from Oklahoma reminds me of an at least funny to me experience I had almost 40 years ago. Stopped on my way through Oklahoma to visit a friend in Sand Springs. He was about the most laid back fellow I have ever known and overnight a storm passed through that left a considerable amount of ice on everything. As I was to leave that morning I was a bit frustrated and asked him what he thought I should do. I can still see him sitting in his chair looking at me and said, "It will all melt in a day or two". He was right, it did.
victoryallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote victoryallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 6:17am
Originally posted by CrestonM CrestonM wrote:

We got between 8 and 12 inches with another 8 forecast for tonight. Near record snowfall for Oklahoma. It's a dry powder snow, which is something I've never seen. We always get a heavy wet snow with layers of ice. 
We've been below freezing for over a week, which is another rarity here. Been having highs around 3-5 degrees the last couple days, but supposed to get back up to 60 next week. 

Creston,

Just think if you got the second 8” you have as much in Oklahoma as we have had here in northern Michigan all winter. I’m sure officially the total is higher but actual on ground is similar here to your location.

8030 and 8050MFWD, 7580, 3 6080's, 160, 7060, 175, heirloom D17, Deere 8760
Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:50am
About 10" of snow here, two different storms. No church tonight because of "bad" roads.  -13 degrees here Monday night, came within a few degrees of an all time record.  We were fortunate and did not lose power or natural gas because of the rolling black outs that were caused by the extreme cold.  The powers that be wanted every one to set their thermostats to 60 degrees, didn't happen here. Every one stay warm and dry!
Dave
Mnfarmboy View Drop Down
Bronze Level Access
Bronze Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mnfarmboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 10:53am
Creston, where abouts in ok?
Dave
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic