This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cleaning up moms farm

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cleaning up moms farm
    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 at 11:23pm
Cat operator called me 2 weeks ago looking for work. I went to the farm, farm is 1 hour away from me.   showed him what we wanted done. I Stopped down on Friday and took a look. Farm is 5 minutes from his front door. He has the interior fences out, trees out and had 2 big holes dug to bury everything. He should be done now. We gotta have a new crossing put in. Gotta be 40'wide so the renter can get his planter to the back 60 acres. Gonna do that after OCT 1st this year. It will be outta CRP then. I told him to make the initial cut 40' wide and then make 12' wide cut 2-3' deep out of the bottom of the crick. We will fill this with rip rap. The rip rap will be below the bottom of the stream bed hoping it won't wash down stream too bad. I'll drop down next week when I take my 98 year old mom grocerys, walk the whole thing and make sure there arn't any steel posts or other steel laying around. Still has a good machine shed on it. I may buy another series 4d17 gas and use it to cut and rake hay here at home. Then I could take the 200 down there. The renter will bat wing mow this after Oct 1st. I wonder if I outta take the old New Holland 851 baler and rake down there and bale all this crap just to get it off the land? He's gonna no till everything.

Edited by HD6GTOM - 06 Feb 2021 at 11:25pm
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 10:58am
Ask the local fire dept. about burning it off, would be good training for them also. Offer a donation to the ‘fireman’s dance’, or to the charity of the chief’s choice.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 5:27am
Local volunteers will stand by if arrange a Controlled Burn no charge,  Exercise machines and men for free, just need a close by water source.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 5:43am
We helped out with controlled burns when I was with the local volunteer fire department. Helped the young 'uns get some wild land experience. Our state forestry units will help with controlled burns also. They plow a break around the area and then burn it.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 5:47am
Ran my 180 and disc down at Dent County farm for neighbors place plowing to cut wide fire lanes around old pastures, then the locals burnt them off.  Made several Lanes around small woodlots, did same and reduced the Tick and Flea populations, tent caterpillars did not come back for a LONG time, ground greened up as not seen before with wood lot litter all gone.

Edited by DMiller - 08 Feb 2021 at 5:48am
HD6GTOM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HD6GTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2021 at 8:31pm
Guys she waited about 10 Years for the local fire department to burn the first pile. We buried it last fall. There were no fence wire in that pile. These 2 piles have old hedge posts and old wire mixed in.
ac fleet View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ac fleet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2021 at 12:35pm
pile-N- burn here---dont ask no body! --- cant even get that call before ya dig crap people out to mark chit!
http://machinebuildersnetwork.com/
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic