This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

I need to borry some memory,,,,,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need to borry some memory,,,,,
    Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:25pm

This is bout to drive me batty,,,,,
 No longer than  1 1/2 months ago, I bought a new Weller 100/150 watt Soldering gun kit with the case, 3 tips,  a good sized roll of solder and a tube of white stuff for tinning the work...I used it a few times and glad to say, finally got the hang of how to solder two wires together and look right nicely.
 Well,,the friggin machine now will NOT go to the higher setting,,,,,and,,,,I just cannot remember where I bought the Soldering gun,,,!!!!!! Walmart does not carry the Weller brand, neither dioes Home depot or Lowes. Checked my History with Ebay and amazon no dice there either,,,WTF?? I am SOOOo pizzed at ole Joe,,,,!!!  Anybody gots any memory pills??Angry
Sponsored Links

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:31pm
Man it sounds like your CRS is turning to CRAFT.  LOL
Join the crowd.

Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 4:36pm
If you find a place to borry it let me know. I’m missing two Senco framing guns I had rebuilt.
I’m sick about them. 😡
I’ve looked everywhere and really need them. Got another needing rebuilt and one in the work truck.
modirt View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote modirt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 5:21pm
They always say.....as you get older...two things start to go.

First one is your memory..........and..........sorry, can't remember what the other one is.
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 5:28pm
DJ.. did you pay by credit card ?? Check there if you did. All online purchases are usually stored in 'my account' at whatever website you're dealing with.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 6:06pm
When I am trying to remember someones name or where I wrote a check that I didn't write in the checkbook right away it usually comes to me later on. Have a good memory just a little slow on the recall.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:03pm
Did you get it from an Ace Hdwe?
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:24pm
city dump?
DSpears N IL View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSpears N IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:24pm
do you possibly have a loose screw that fastens the soldering tip to the gun?
Give it a extra twist to tighten and see if it will heat up better!

Good luck

DeWayne

desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

city dump?

SHAMELESS,!!!!!!,,,,YOU,,,,you,,,,you,,,,!!!!!
I told you it was brand new,,in a case,,,whew,,,,,,Wink
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:48pm

Well, Jay,,you might be onto something,,,see,I do not use my Debit card for ANY online purchases at all. I have a "reloadable Debit" for the online purchases, so I'ma gonna go see my bank for records tamarrow see if maybe I see something that jars some memory loose. I'll swear,,,I just CANNOT remember where I bought the blamed thing and it sure is bothering me.!!! Another problem may be that I musta thrown the friggin receipt away and I NEVER do chit like that!!!!! I was looking in the case to see if I had put the receipt in the case,,, and the thing is warrenteed for 7 years but without the friggin receipt,,,,???
 I'm so pizzed at Joe,,,,

Edited by desertjoe - 31 Jan 2021 at 8:49pm
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 10:23pm
Check the connections of the tip, usually that is what is wrong when my old weller doesn't heat.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:13am
DJ, get a big corkboard and lotsa pins !! I pin the 'papers' on the board WHEN  I empty my pockets or a package arrives. Most get tossed out BUT the ones NEEDED for 3 year warranty I KEEP. My favorite store ,Princess Auto, I don't really need to keep, they have a decade or more of my purchases 'in their puter'......

as for soldering..I never use a 'gun', always an 'iron' but...
1) get the tip HOT,add a bit of solder,wipe off into a damp real sponge
2) now heatup again,heat the wires, add solde on the opposite side of the wires
3) while they cool, wipe tip on that damp sponge9removes excess solder/flux.\

Do NOT use 'plumbers solder /paste' !! Use electronic solder ( 60/40, 63/37) that has rosin in it.....
Oh yeah, add the heatshink BEFORE you solder wires together.......

Dave H View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:32am
What they said about tip connections.

That has always been the problem (when I have one) with my low/high Weller.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:26am

Well, CHIT,,,,I been thrashing my brain,,but ain't come up with anything on where I bought the soldering gun.!! Seems like I ordered it from Walmart and it was shipped to home,,is why I ain't got no receipt. BUT,,on walmart's web site, does not show me having ordered one,,,!!!
 I also tried a "SEARCH" on here as I kinda remember talkin aboot having trouble soldering but Chit,,I cannot find that post either,,!!
 Seems like I remember ole Shameless pokin fun at me aboot learnin how to solder,,,,anybody remember that????? SHEEEESH,,,
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 9:31am

Well, JC and Dave,, that was first thing I checked but all four screws are Tight!!
 What is happening is the trigger goes to "low" setting at first notch and then susspossed to go to High when trigger pulled all the way in. I did not want to open it up to check the contacts on the high setting,,,,,but if I can't remember where i bought it ,,that may be the only'ist solution,,,,,
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 10:14am
it might 'buzz' louder on the high setting...or plug it into one of those  kill-a-watt P3 power meters.......

does it look like this....

Edited by jaybmiller - 01 Feb 2021 at 10:16am

LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 12:46pm
Joe I lose things all the time. They're right where left them, right under my nose. and it only gets worse.         Leon
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 2:09pm

Hey Jay,,,no,,it is Model 9400PKS. The gun is Allis orange (is why I bought it) and has 3 leds to light up the work. When first used it, I could barely hear the buzz at the higher heat range but does not do the buzz now.
 Guess I'm gonna try to contact Weller as it does have a 7 year warrenty,,,,,

DanWi View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DanWi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 3:11pm
Another bad thing with the memory is when you want to look up something on the computer but first you look at the allis forum and haytalk forum by then you forgot what you originally wanted to look at only to remember just after you shut the computer down.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 4:33pm
Originally posted by DanWi DanWi wrote:

Another bad thing with the memory is when you want to look up something on the computer but first you look at the allis forum and haytalk forum by then you forgot what you originally wanted to look at only to remember just after you shut the computer down.

DAN,,,!!  you've been standin behind me all this time,,ain't you,,???LOLLOL
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 6:25am
What was it you wanted? LOL
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
LouSWPA View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LouSWPA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 8:56am
Well, DJ, when I first glanced at the title of your post, I thought it said I needed to borrow some money......I thought well shoot, I aint rich, but maybe I could help 'ol Joe. Then I read the post and when I learned it was memory you were needing and realized we both are screwed! I used to blame my boys for taking my 'stuff' but it has been pointed out to me the boys have not lived here for a very long time now, and I am still loosing stuff!
I am still confident of this;
I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
Wait for the Lord;
be strong and take heart and wait for the Lord. Ps 27
bikley View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bikley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 9:08am
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 9:58am
Originally posted by LouSWPA LouSWPA wrote:

Well, DJ, when I first glanced at the title of your post, I thought it said I needed to borrow some money......I thought well shoot, I aint rich, but maybe I could help 'ol Joe. Then I read the post and when I learned it was memory you were needing and realized we both are screwed! I used to blame my boys for taking my 'stuff' but it has been pointed out to me the boys have not lived here for a very long time now, and I am still loosing stuff!

Hey Lou,,,that right there is so funny and,,,and,,,it DOES apply to me as well,,,,,,TOO many times,,,,,LOLLOL OH,,and Thanks for the laugh,,makes it easier to accept old age,,,,LOL

Hey Bikley,,,Bless you there my Friend,,,,,,,You hit the nail,,!!  As I sit here,,I KNOW I "musta" checked with Lowes web site as there IS a store in the town south of us,,and that link is the exact gun kit I bought. I musta had a brain "fog" as I can't seem to bring up that memory of driving down there or buying it for chit,,!! And,, the fact that I musta paid with cash,,but where is my receipt??? I'm gonna go there and get them to print out a duplicate receipt based on the model number and date of sale.
 Weller is now owned by Apex Tools and i emailed em yesterday to register the tool for their 7 year warrantee. Wish me luck,,us old timers need ALL the HELP we can get,,,,,,Wink

tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 12:41pm
Good luck paying with cash might be trouble now a credit card they can usually pull that up. You might have to buy another one so you have a receipt to use for warrenty 
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 2:57pm

UMMm,,,UMMmm,,,Mr Adams,,,that right there is a ,,,,UMMmmm,,,,,,,great ideaWinkClap
TMiller/NC View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TMiller/NC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:32pm
If you bought it at Lowes and gave them your phone # they have a record, or if have a mylowes card that tracks your purchases.
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 7:47pm
if'n you wasn't so cheap.....
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2021 at 1:59am

Shameless,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic