This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Sick to my stomach, hope it's fixable

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Sick to my stomach, hope it's fixable
    Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:21am
So, I decided that the reason phones get slower the longer that you have them, is because they get too much stuff stored up in them. So with the purchase of my latest new phone, I started quite often, deleting text messages, recent calls, pictures, and stuff. Was doing this "deleting" last night, and when I went to delete recent calls, right before I hit the final delete, I remember seeing something like 505. Thought it odd, because I knew that I hadn't been on 505 calls since I last deleted. Figured out why this morning. I deleted my contacts instead of recent calls! ! I need those contacts for work and such. Does anyone know how to retrieve them...? Please say there is a way! Darrel
Sponsored Links

Tbone95 View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbone95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:23am
What phone? Have you ever "backed it up"?
jaybmiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaybmiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 7:31am
can't help with the 'undelete', though technically it should be possible, at least BEFORE you do any more entries into that 'database'. You should use google 'phone name, restore contacts' or similar  as it should be possible. Odds are you've deleted the 'index' NOT the 'data', leats that's how it's always worked for PCs since day one...

BTW the major 'slowdown' for phones,smart devices, and puters is having a zillion aps on them. Every icon on a phone is an ap, a program that runs 24/7, in the background. All of them, unless told not to, will run 'sometime', to call home, ask for updates, download and go back to 'sleep' ( not OFF). It's also a reason why batteries don't seem to run as long as before. If you don't use an ap, go in and turn it off ,or delete it.
3 D-14s,A-C forklift, B-112
Kubota BX23S lil' TOOT( The Other Orange Tractor)

Never burn your bridges, unless you can walk on water
steve(ill) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote steve(ill) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 8:43am
call ATT or who ever your vendor is and see if they have it backed up ON THE CLOUD.
Like them all, but love the "B"s.
Michael V (NM) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Michael V (NM) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 1:14pm
505 area code is basically central and western New Mexico,, I'm in the 575 area,, maybe that will spark your memory! good luck retrieving your numbers!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 2:27pm
Isn't it Desert Joe?
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 5:07pm

Naw,,John,,I'm like ole Michael in the 575 area,,,to tell the troot,,I don't know of anybody on the forum from the 505 area code,,,,??
 I sure as heck hope ole Darrel figures it out,,,I can just feel his angst all the way down here,,,,,,
 Hey Darrel,,best thing to do is take the phone to the town GURU and he'll have it fixed in a jiffy,,,,ClapClap

Edited by desertjoe - 28 Jan 2021 at 5:09pm
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jan 2021 at 10:37pm
Darrel...cumere and bend down so's i kin SLAP you upside the noggin!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 7:07am
Originally posted by shameless dude shameless dude wrote:

Darrel...cumere and bend down so's i kin SLAP you upside the noggin!

If I could find a spare minute, I sure would do that! Darrel
Scott B View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 5:59pm
If it’s an iPhone, Go into settings, look for “contacts”, click on that and keep clicking through to see if you saved to the cloud. Should be able to restore. If it were me, I’d swing by one of the cellular stores and see if they can help.
I tend to make matters worse e my fixes!
D17 Series 1
Allis B- 1939
Allis B- 1945
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2021 at 9:11pm
i always use old reliable....put the numbers down in my little black book!
darrel in ND View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darrel in ND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:23pm
Well I wised up and remembered that I had my old phone around yet with about 90 percent of my contacts in it. My favorite (only) daughter came out today and through some kind of voo doo magic, transferred the contacts from it to my current phone. It's all good now. Darrel
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2021 at 8:26pm
dang it! missed another slap! PfffffT!
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 8:59am
Good to have children that know how to do that kinda stuff
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic