This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

XT190 Diesel hydraulic issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XT190 Diesel hydraulic issue
    Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:40am
I have a 190 xt that has hydraulic Pto engage and Power direct two speed that seems to have an hydraulic problem. About 6 years ago my dad was using it and the pto would slow down under load. He had it service by a mechanic and I think he rebuilt the seals in the pto assembly, it ran for several years although the steering was no where near as easy as before. A year ago he was no long able to steer the wheel so went unused. I "bought" it from him and did some pressure tests according to the service manual. I found on the first test for the steering, you unhook the hose from the steering valve and run through a flow meter, the steering worked great. My Bother repaired the PTO valve because that was the restriction, one of the spool valves was bent. Also found that the guy the fix the problem before had put 3 lock washers in the bypass spring for shims, I assume to bring the pressure up. When installed the steering worked much better but the pto would slow down or stop.. Yes I checked adjustment to make sure it was engaged. The pto has three position, Lock, free wheel and on.. it does not stop.
 I went back to the pressure test. only getting 175 psi to the pto clutch and PD; it should be 290-300. So I either have a leak inside or no pressure.
  I did the pressure test, between the outlet of the power steering valve and before the TEE going back to the pump and going to the PTO. Pressure should be 1200 psi with 4.5 gal per min. I have 5 gpm with no pressure and at 1200 psi I have about half gpm. Does that indicate a pump problem.. Or does someone here have way more wisdom than I.

sorry for the book, trying to give all the info. Thanks
Sponsored Links

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 9:55am
What is the GPM at 1000 psi ?? Trying to determine if the steering relief valve is opening too soon.
Gam View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2021 at 3:22pm
at 1000 it is around 1.5 gpm. The book says to then close the valve on the flow meter till the flow completely stops to see what the psi is.. it goes to 1580psi.. 
the book says: 1650 plus or minus 75 psi w/o pto, PD in neutral and with steering in full turn, course you can't turn wheel because of the restriction.
I did not do the next step. 
1900 psi w/PD engaged, w/o pto, steering full turn
1940 psi +- 75 psi, w/PD neutral, w/pto and full turn
Gam View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:18am
Dr Allis do you have any more info on an 190xt diesel with low hydraulic pressure to run the pto and the two speed clutches. I think it maybe the hydraulic pump.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 6:42am
The fact that you only have 1/2 gallon of flow at 1200 psi means there is some sort of pump or flow divider problem on the pump. I would how ever suggest disconnecting the PTO clutch line in the center of the clutch and plugging it. Then do your driving test and pressure checks with the PTO lever engaged. You may have two issues.....pump and PTO clutch.
Gam View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:29am
Thanks, that is what I was thinking. your talking about the line that goes to the clutch housing under the transmission, the center tube?

DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Feb 2021 at 7:30am
Correct. Plug the end of the line and be sure to have the clutch lever engaged.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic