This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thrifty you say

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Thrifty you say
    Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 2:05pm
Snowed out today. I snuck to the shop. There sat our old electric ice cream maker. I tool it apart and found that a 13/16” round shaft would fit snug in the splines. I quick cut a piece of 7/8” shaft about 3” long and chucked it in the lathe. I started turning and testing fit each pass. Soon as it fit snug I quit. I was going to thread the shaft stub to 8-32 which is what case prep tools are for reloading. . I then thought that it would be nice to have a keyless chuck instead. I dismantled a broken DeWalt drill for the Chuck. I then drilled the shaft stub to same as the Chuck stub shaft. I then drilled the bigger stub for a set screw. I then took the gearbox apart and removed the spline coupling. I drilled it for a set screw as well.
I put it all together and made a couple legs for the beast. I went in and got a primer pocket reamer and reamed a few primer pockets. Worked like a charm.
The reason for the Chuck is that it will work for my case trimmer as well.
Sponsored Links

Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 4:23pm
So you put that lathe to good use finally.  Congrats!  I made my pocket reamer out of an old electric drill a number of years ago.  That is it's only job as I have all kinds of other toys for other things.  I don't do the pockets all the time, only if I notice they need it.
BUT, I did learn that you should drill out the flash hole, even for new brass.  I don't remember the exact drill size, I'm pretty sure it's a numeric one, but every new casing I get I push the drill bit in it.  If it doesn't fit, get the drill out.....
Reminds me, I should get into my winter pastime so I can have some fun come snow and coyotes..
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 4:40pm
Ted these have a military crimp. I have to team them.
I fully intend to buy a case prep station one day but I have 1100 primer crimps to remove soon. I’d like to do them all then they can go through the standard process as I need them.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:15pm
sooooooo....i guess if me and ole Les ever show up there, there won't be no ice cream??? PfffffT!
JohnColo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnColo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2020 at 10:25pm
Yeah, I was hoping you would tell us how you converted the ice cream machine to run on an Allis B and you were gonna bring it to Hutch so we could all have ice cream.  We could have had peach ice cream too.  My hopes are dashed again!
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 6:00am
Jenny has a new fancy ice cream maker. No salt or ice needed.
We do need to make one for Hutch.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:55am
Originally posted by Thad in AR. Thad in AR. wrote:

Jenny has a new fancy ice cream maker. No salt or ice needed.
We do need to make one for Hutch.

HMMmmm,,How does it work,,Thad,,without ice and salt,,,??
 You made me remember, I won a new Ice Cream Maker that our Electric Coop yearly meeting bout 2 years ago,,,,,have never opened the box,,I'll have to go see,,,,WinkWink
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 9:20am
Joe the mixing container stays in the freezer. It’s very thick and full ow who knows? Just pour in the mix and let it spin.
When you’re done wash and put back in the freezer.
desertjoe View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote desertjoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:47pm

Hey,,,that right there sounds like the real deal,,Thad. I don't think this one is that fancy one cause I looked at the box and it is old school with the wooden bucket
Pat the Plumber CIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pat the Plumber CIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 8:22pm
You had to talk about ice cream and Hutch. There is a vendor there that makes some darn good ice cream. Not "homemade" but darn good. Missed it this year along with a lot of other good things at Hutch. Should be one heck of a gathering and hope a bunch of you can make it this year.
You only need to know 3 things to be a plumber;Crap rolls down hill,Hot is on the left and Don't bite your fingernails

1964 D-17 SIV 3 Pt.WF,1964 D-15 Ser II 3pt.WF ,1960 D-17 SI NF,1956 WD 45 WF.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic